Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Prep Operator – Premium Edible Oil Product Limited (PEOPL)
Vacancy Type: Internal Candidates Only
Purpose of the Job
- The Pet Operator is responsible for the safe operation of production equipment to deliver customer requirements through completion of the production plan, adhering to quality standards and maximizing cost effectiveness, optimal running and equipment efficiency.
- Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment contributing to the continuous improvement of safety performance through participating in the identification, analysis and minimization of risk in the work area.
- Ensure that all aspects of quality are in accordance with agreed procedures/standard. Conduct stringent quality inspections regularly.
- Conduct changeovers, basic repairs and adjustments (e.g., Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys) and utilize appropriate lubrication regimes.
- Conduct basic electrical tasks within sourcing unit (e.g., Lock Out/Tag Out, Isolation Procedures, Fault Location on a Common Control System and Testing and Verification of Common Proximity Sensors.
- Execute of Autonomous Maintenance (AM) and Focused Improvement (FI) Activities in production areas.
- Apply rigorous Cost Deployment to convert losses to cost. Apply the Zero loss concept to ensure that all losses are eliminated, and the benefits are quantified.
- Implement and maintain the 5S program, CLIT (Cleaning, Lubrication, Inspection and Tightening) Program, Visual performance board update.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- Trade Test or Technical Certificate.
- 5 O’ level credits including English & Mathematics in not more than 2 sittings.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of ManEx.
The Person Must:
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be result-oriented and take pride in meeting goals despite unexpected obstacles.
- Possess excellent knowledge of safety methods and hazard regulations.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have keen attention to detail.
- Have good physical stamina.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online