The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011 is mandated to mange funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund, and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
see more positions from this organization
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented, and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager, Health Adviser
Reference Number: NS20 / 3006
- Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Funds, this Officer will ensure prudent investment of the infrastructure fund in healthcare focused areas by providing managerial and strategic oversight for the various healthcare portfolio projects.
- Lead the development of the healthcare strategy for the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
- Develop medium- and long-term strategies and action plans to improve quality of the Authority’s healthcare portfolio and contribute to achievement of Corporate targets.
- Liaise with the infrastructure risk management team to assess the inherent healthcare portfolio risks in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Champion the valuation and structuring of healthcare deals.
- Identify viable healthcare infrastructure projects and advises management on investment decisions.
- Lead the negotiations of prospective investments with the aim of obtaining best returns on investment for the funds.
- Build and manage a well-balanced healthcare infrastructure portfolio aimed at achieving target risk adjusted returns.
- Monitor and supervise the various healthcare portfolio activities. providing up to date report to the management
- Develop and manage relationships with external counterparts. co-investors, advisors and technical leaders.
- Monitor the impact of the operating environment on assigned projects under implementation and informs the Management on any material potential risks that might arise.
- Conducts analysis portfolio trends, drivers of investment return, draws and shares lessons from the portfolio analysis.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- MD, MBSS. PhD. Pharm.D or comparable advanced degree is preferred
- Previous healthcare operational experience required
- Good knowledge of heath sector trends Globally and within the Nigerian context)
- Practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy
- Relevant professional qualification in project management
- Minimum of 12 years cognate experience
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions
- Hands on experience in project finance and management of infrastructure funds
- Expertise in financial modelling and structuring of infrastructure deals
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment
- Excellent Interpersonal, networking and communication skills (oral & written)
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.