Cordros Asset Management Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cordros Capital Limited licensed by the Securities & Exchange Commission as a fund/portfolio management company. Cordros Asset Management is committed to creating value for its diverse clientele base and ensuring their investment objectives are achieved within the agreed parameters. Cordros Asset Management Limited understands the portfolio structure that should be adopted and the role of the asset manager in achieving the investor’s overall investment objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager – Equities
Department / Unit: Investment Management.
- The Portfolio Manager will work closely with relationship managers to manage, monitor, and maintain client portfolios and funds. He/she will develop and research Equity investment ideas for clients, perform due diligence on existing investments, and serve as a member of the Investment Committee.
- This is a senior role which involves mentoring Investment Management Analysts and other junior investment professionals; and has decision‐making authority and responsibility on clients’ investment matters.
- Directly Reports To: Managing Director, Cordros Asset Management.
- Directly Supervises: Investment Management Analysts.
- Critical thinking about macroeconomic investment ideas and forecasting methodology, and the ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Conducting industry and company specific comprehensive fundamental analysis, including in-depth financial statement analysis.
- Presenting overviews, reports and timely investment recommendations to the Asset Management team, including buy, sell and hold recommendations.
- Developing and implementing investment strategies & asset allocation for individual and institutional investors.
- Collaborating with all team members on the design of investment strategies for all products and services.
- Monitoring trends within the capital market.
- Contributing to the development of policies and processes for portfolio analysis and management, investor reporting and regulatory
- Analyzing investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns and risk
- Participating in investor meetings and calls to provide portfolio
- Providing content proposals to potential
- Serve as an in–house consultant to the sales teams and relationship managers on all products and services.
- Meeting with relationship managers to review and manage client portfolios and investment guidelines.
- Actively participate as a member of the Investment
- Manage projects assigned by the Investment
- Minimum of a Second Class Lower Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Banking and Finance or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- An MBA or related Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- ACS, ACA or CFA Certifications will also be an added advantage.
- 8–10 years industry experience, of which 6 years must have been spent in investment/portfolio/funds management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Global, Domestic Economy and the Nigerian Capital Market.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of various asset classes.
- Sound knowledge of investment and risk management fundamentals.
- Deep technical expertise in research and investment analysis.
- Deep knowledge of asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, adept at concise
- Outstanding client relationship development and management
- High degree of Excel proficiency-the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with
- Proactive problem-solving
- Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple
- Leadership and People Management Skills.
Behavioural Attributes Required:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Client first attitude, professional demeanour, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary
- Ability to multi‐task and manage time
- Self‐motivated, confident, detail‐oriented, and
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online