ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992, as an Oil and Gas servicing company, with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation the company has grown in leaps and bound, expanding its business horizon but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant / Process Operator III
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Assignment Type: Offshore Rotation
Work Schedule: 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off – 21 days on / 21 days off
- Responsible for liaising with the Control Room Technician (CRT) and other Operations Technicians on job safety requirements to ensure understanding of the work objectives, safety, health, environmental, Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and security concerns.
- Responsible for supporting the CRT/Ops Supervisor in providing oversight of the area activities and ensuring they are integrated and conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Works in a crew environment to manage activities involved with safe and efficient operation of all plant units and sulfur recovery operations.
- Performs surveillance of equipment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively with Contractor personnel to prepare and maintain a safe work environment for their work
- Responsible for participation in the Operations Emergency Response activities relating to the Area
- Provide support and coordination with the Systems Completion team in start-up and commissioning of the facilities
- Take part in the review of work packages for planned maintenance activities within allocated Area, confirms that isolation requirements are applied, and ensures that the preparation of equipment is planned in a manner that provides a safe environment in which personnel can work
- Endorse Work Permits as the Area Operator (AO) . Endorse Work Permits as the Isolating Authority (IA) when required.
- Encourages team effort between Maintenance and Operations groups
- Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to complement the efforts of other work groups
- Ensuring the CRT is informed and consulted about operations and major issues
- Ensures good communication between Areas so that issues can be adequately addressed and actions completed
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in allocated Area
- Maintain a daily log and shift change over notes
- Safely perform physical tasks at times, e.g. moving drums of chemicals, lifting, climbing ladders/silos/tanks
- May perform minor maintenance to equipment
- Maintain a high standard of plant housekeeping
- Make process changes to ensure quality control of end products that are within accepted standards.
Skills and Qualifications
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years experience.
- Industry experience in operations, or similar required
- Extensive knowledge in production operations / processes
- Extensive knowledge in P&IDs, PFD’s and UFD’s
- Able to read shutdown logic diagrams
- Highest standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others
- Excellent communications (oral & written) in English
- Excellent interpersonal and motivation skills
- Ability to interact in a multi-cultural environment
- Advanced understanding and operation of Emergency Preparedness Procedures
- Advanced knowledge of safety management tools and processes. (Permit to Work (PTW), Step back 5×5, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Risk Assessment)
- Understanding of Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS), safety management tools and Production Operations Best Practices (POBP)/ Planning & Budgeting (P&B) processes.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.