Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Performance Engineer
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the plant performance, providing technical expertise and engineering support in the area of plant performance and efficiency to address any potential gap.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the performance of assigned generating units as well as the performance of individual equipment and subsystems (e.g. boilers, turbines, condensers, FW heaters).
- Take periodic plant performance readings and parameters
- Determine the causes of generating unit performance losses through diagnostic analysis of operational data for both steady-state and transient operation, along with physical inspection of plant components as required.
- Initiates improvements to generating unit to optimize plant performance.
- Monitor, analyze, evaluate, and investigate reliability issues in systems, processes, and equipment.
- Coordinate performance tests & develop improvement method
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity and reliability.
- Oversee unit performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements
- Analyze and troubleshoot discrepancies between current operating data, model predictions and long-term operating trends.
- Guide and assist the Maintenance and Operation departments to effect improvements in plant performance and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot abnormal operating events and coordinate a solution between relevant parties
- Model and predict consumption of gas, water and other consumables, compare to current and long-term trends, analyze the results and make recommendations for improvements.
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Production or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of five to seven (5 – 7) years in a Steam Power Plants operations
- A post graduate degree or certification such as COREN will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of operations of steam turbine power plant and its generation components; turbine, boiler, BOP etc.
- Knowledge of calculating power plant indices
- Knowledge of key machine performance characteristics
- Competence to identify, measure and improve performance on key operating parameters of the operations of the power plant
- Ability to identify impending problems and take preventive measures
- Analytical ability for technical problem solving
- Knowledge of power plant chemistry
- Knowledge of safety, environment, OHSAS and other statutory norms
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.