Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibility and Main Activities
- Ensure that the stock is clean and organized according to ALIMA standards and the medicines stored according to ALIMA recommendations.
- Ensure the reception and recording of international and local orders with the pharmacy storekeeper if necessary. Record all inputs and outputs on Isystock.
- Supervise the preparation of orders for each consumption unit.
- Archive each document in the corresponding folders (pro-formats orders, packing lists, donation and loan certificates, etc.).
- Be responsible for security and access control to the medical stock.
- Ensure the capitalization of the pharmacy activity (indicators)
Follow-up of orders and supplies:
- Ensure that orders for consumption units (services, health posts, emergency boxes, etc.) have been validated by the supervisor concerned.
- Track the remaining orders.
- Ensure the follow-up of stocks and inform on time its medical referent on the state of stocks (shortage, overstock, expiry dates…); also remove expired products from stock.
- Ensure patient safety by complying with the protocol and the Rational drug use with the support of country pharmacy
- Accompany the medical team in the good pharmacy practice with the support of country pharmacy
- Make a regular physical inventory (organize and participate), and imperatively at least before the preparation of each order in central pharmacy and international order.
- Make the monthly report (Isystock report) to inform the project manager/MedRef of their condition (shortages, surpluses, expiry dates), in order to maintain safety stock levels at all times and ensure effective management and Submit the monthly report at the time.
- Make a report after receiving the medical items in the pharmacy and send it to the appropriate person.
- Make every monthly, a backup of isystock and send to country pharmacy and the med ref
Cold Chain Monitoring:
- Check the temperature of the cold chain equipment every morning and evening, and record it on the temperature monitoring sheet.
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep of refrigerators and freezers according to ALIMA recommendations by the logistics team.
- Inform your manager and logistics in case of problems.
Meetings and Others:
- Participates in meetings with other supervisors in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the Medical referent or country pharmacy.
- Stress Management.
Qualifications / Experience and Skills
- Degree of pharmacist or nursing related studies., or medical profile
- Registered as a pharmacist
- At least 2 years’ experience in pharmacy practice and 1 year in a similar position
- Previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
- Essential computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Well organized with good negotiation and communication skill
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented
- Ability to work in close collaboration with MOH staff
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset like Hausa, Kanori
- Based in Yobe State is an asset
Note: This job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the mission. Also know that ALIMA INGO is an equal employment opportunity provider. ALIMA INGO would not in any way ask for any form kind of favor from potential applicants.
National Pay Scale Level
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, CV, Cover letter and Credentials as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Candidates should submit their Application Letter, with Copy of their CV, Cover Letter and Credentials indicating their Name, Phone Number and Position at the back of the envelope at:
Karasuwa LGA PHC,
King Abubakar Luxury & Suite Hotel,
Gashua, Yobe State.