Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) – In 1962, the Niger Dams Authority was established by an Act of the Parliament. The Authority was responsible for the construction and maintenance of Dams and other works on the river Niger and elsewhere, generating electricity by means of water, improving navigation and promoting fisheries and irrigation. The Electricity Corporation of Nigeria (ECN) and the Niger Dams Authority (NDA) were merged to become National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) by decree No.24 of 1972. The Authority was to develop and maintain an efficient, co-ordinate an economic system of electricity supply for all parts of the Federation. The Authority generates electricity through two major sources: Hydro and Thermal. The Hydro Power stations are Kainji Hydro Power station with capacity of 760MW, Jebba Hydro Power station with 578.4MW capacity, Shiroro Hydro Power Station 600MW. The Thermal Power stations are: Afam Thermal Power station with 696MW, Lagos thermal power station, Delta IV thermal Power station with 600MW and Sapele Thermal Power station 1020MW.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions:
Note: This position is closed
Performance Management Manager
Location: EEDC Business Districts
- Tc implement a Corporate Performance Management framework and culture that drives continuous performance improvement within EEDC.
- To ensure effective reporting on achievement against targets in employee performance.
- Identifying adverse variances and implementing strategies to address these variances.
Specific Functions And Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a Performance Management structure in line with Best Practice in order to accurately measure staff performance from the company-wide evaluation program.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all employees in EEDC to make certain measurable targets are set annually.
- Supervise the execution of the semi-annual performance evaluations to assess individual performance against set deliverables for all staff and generate necessary reports.
- Initiate investigation into adverse performance to identify causes and remedial actions required for improvement.
- Coordinate the Performance Feedback Processes confirming constructive and effective feedback is prov.ded by Heads of Department/Supervisors to subordinates.
- Develop and oversee the management of the Performance Management System Database for accurate records on employee performance, easy information access and retrieval to facilitate decision making.
- Drive the Confirmation Appraisal Process for new employees after the mandatory probationary period of Six (6) months to determine employment contract continuity.
- Liaise with the Staffing Unit to develop and implement the Company’s Talent Management and Succession Plan Programme to eliminate gaps created by emergency exits.
- Organise continuous training on goal setting and performance evaluation for Managers and Supervisors, in liaison with the Training and Development Unit, to certify their understanding of the dynamics of performance evaluation.
Qualification And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree/HND in any field including Human Resources Management, Education, Sociology, Economics, Psychology or related field. Masters is an added advantage. Professional certifications such as CIPM, CIPD, SHRM, PHR etc. are also an advantage.
- 8 – 10 Years Postgraduate Cognate Experience Out of which at least Three (3) years must have been spent on a Senior Level – Technically Proficient in Performance Management and Knowledge of Best Practice in Talent and Performance Management. In-depth knowledge of use of computer software, especially Excel.