The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnerships & Strategy Officer
- The Strategic Planning Unit provides relevant strategy, planning, economic and other important inputs that guide operational departments in the development of their work plans, and helps senior management decision-making processes that feed into overall strategy development.
- The unit is also responsible for developing and managing external partnerships in order to support the achievement of the Fund’s strategic goals.
- The role will entail significant responsibility in driving the Fund’s partnership initiatives, in addition to supporting the development and implementation monitoring of the Fund’s short and long term strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Fund’s relationship with its partners with a view to enhancing its level of engagement.
- Increase the number of formal agreements with partners of interest to the Fund, and develop new relationships with governments, development agencies and other key stakeholders.
- Carry out periodic assessment of partnerships in close coordination with the relevant operational department(s) as well as produce relevant reports for senior management.
- Ensures the coherence and alignment of all partnership activities across the institution.
- Provides expert guidance on working with different partners; collect and analyse data on partnerships and provide regular reporting.
- Assesses the effectiveness of OPEC Fund partnerships, partner perception and value addition to its efficiency and knowledge sharing.
- As the partnership focal point, leads information-sharing efforts across the institution with a view to deepen staff understanding of OPEC Funds engagement and programmes with partner institutions.
- Provides essential support in the preparation of the Fund’s participation in international gatherings and represent the Fund at these events whenever required.
- Work closely with the Sector Operations Departments, the Grants and Technical Assistance Unit and the Communication Department (the latter to develop communication around partnership activities).
- Facilitates/participates in partner visits and meetings.
- Under the supervision of the Director, provide support for the development, articulation and dissemination of the OPEC Fund’s Strategy.
- Play a role in the process of distilling this strategy into yearly business plans and strategic initiatives.
- Provide support in external stakeholder engagement requirements, including inputs for periodic rating agency reviews.
- Support the Director, Strategic Planning in any other assigned tasks and initiatives as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or a similar discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with at least 3 years in a related role at a development finance institution.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of French or Spanish or Arabic is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including long form documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused, timely manner.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships across internal stakeholders and external partners.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online