ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass-root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnership & Local Rights Programme Consultant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Manager, Partnerships & Local Rights Programme
Duration: 4 Months (maternity cover)
- The post holder will support the Partnerships and Local Rights Programme (P & LRP) in relevant states to deliver on the core objectives of ActionAid Nigeria using the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA).
- S / he will focus on system strengthening, capacity building of relevant partners in states and communities and ensure that funds released for projects are properly utilised.
- Establish strong and cordial relationship with primary partners / Communities.
- Liaise with the Impact Assessment and Shared Learning (IASL) unit on Partnership Assessment & Monitoring (PAM) processes
- Ensure partner organisations comply with relevant policies.
- Contribute to the development & update of an appropriate information management systems on ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) partners
- Ensure inclusivity in all LRP programming.
- Facilitate and support relevant capacity needs as identified from Partnership Assessment Monitoring (PAM) processes
- Ensure the implementation of AAN methodologies at the community and states levels.
- Support the nurturing of local structures and empowering them to demand accountability from duty bearers and linking community movements with Inclusive forum for Accountable society.
- Provide mentoring support to partner organisations.
- Facilitate the setting up of community structures to ensure value for money of physical projects in communities by setting up or strengthening relevant community managementstructures and ensure their sustainability in very close collaboration with partners.
- Participate actively in developing unit’s periodic / annual plans and budgets.
- Monitor and support partners to develop financial and accountability systems.
- Support partner organisations / Associations in developing periodic / annual plans and budgets.
- Review, process and monitor partner organisations’ grants.
- Facilitate the financial processes for service providers engaged by the unit.
Communication and Reporting:
- Ensure partner organisations / Associations have a formal internal communication channels in place
- Facilitate communication between partner organisations and units within AAN
- Set up an effective communication mechanism from community to AAN, other partners or other relevant stakeholders including security agents and other MDAs.
- Ensure relevant partnership information are uploaded on the sharepoint
- Review partners’ reports and ensure compliance to required formats and timelines
- Work with relevant units to ensure implementation of planned activities
- Support partner organisations in Child Message Collection (CMC) process and ensure adherence to agreed reporting period
- Ensure adequate and effective documentation of all reports within the unit
- Active engagement in community mobilization and programming and movement building
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
Education / Qualifications
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Experience working with women groups and persons with disabilities
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Skills in community mobilization, advocacy and negotiation
- Highly numerate
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- Team player, a person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities
- Ability to travel to poor rural communities including North East and South South
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly submit their CV and Cover Letter in a single document to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- Subject line of email must state clearly, Job title of position applied for and location e.g Partnership & Local Rights Programme Consultant (maternity cover for 4 months) – Abuja
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates