The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Panel Beater
Job Ref.: IITA-HR-NRS2023-012
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Assist in panel beating and repair of damaged body panel on vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in removal/replacement of windscreen and windows.
- Assist in repairing and replacing of doors, windows, regulator door locks, bonnet booth locks.
- Assist in body filling, dressing and welding works.
- Assist in keeping and rendering records of workshops jobs.
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of workshop/equipment.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any other related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent communication skills (writing, reading, oral).
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have very good computer skills.
- Be a good team player.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.