The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011 is mandated to mange funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund, and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
see more positions from this organization
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented, and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Operational Risk and Compliance Officer
Reference Number: NS2O/3002
- This Officer shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with; the approved risk management framework, regulatory codes, policies and regulations.
- He / She shall support the processes for identifying, controlling, managing and reporting operational risk.
- Support the planning, designing and implementation of the Authority’s overall risk management process.
- Support the process for identifying critical business processes and relevant control mechanisms
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to analyse, identify, describe and estimate the risks inherent in the Authority’s activities and provide recommendations to address identified weaknesses.
- Liaise with the Unit Head to develop and implement the business continuity management framework for the Authority.
- Support the process of designing and implementing recovery and crisis management plans a Promote awareness and assist in embedding an improved risk and compliance culture within the Authority.
- Collaborate with other Unit Heads to address new and/or emerging risks that may occur as a result of changes in regulatory, government policy, NSIA’s strategy and business focus.
- Document the occurrence at operational risks and investigate such incidences.
- Support the implementation of a detailed emergency response and associated operational activities.
- Support the implementation of techniques & methods of training, testing & maintaining business recovery plans.
- Coordinate compliance monitoring and enforcement of set rules and regulations as defined within all applicable regulations guiding the Company’s operations e.g. AML/ CFT reporting etc.
- Liaise with functional heads within the Company and support processes for ensuring full compliance across board with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Support the Head, Operational Risk & Compliance in managing relationships with regulators and other relevant statutory bodies to facilitate prompt and effective resolution of compliance-related issues.
- Create company-wide awareness on key regulatory issues impacting on the company’s operations and liaise with Human Resources to organize compliance related trainings (e.g. periodic AML awareness exercises).
- Conduct periodic compliance audit/ reviews in liaison with Legal and Internal Audit.
- Support policies and procedures management.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- First Degree or equivalent in Law, Business Management or Finance related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate/ professional qualification
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience
- Experience in financial services, specifically operations or audit will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of operational risk best practices
- Good knowledge of operational risk measurement methodologies
- Environmental / Industry Analysis
- Knowledge of Investment / Portfolio Management, Assets & Liabilities Management and Financial analysis / interpretation will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.