The Bank of Industry is a development finance institution focused on providing loan credit facilities for industrial equipment used in manufacturing. The Bank is wholly owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria. A great alternative for individuals looking for business loans to fund their start up
Marketing / Communication Officer Opening at Abuja
- The Marketing and Communication Officer will be responsible for raising awareness about the BRAVE Women Nigeria project across the country among the government and the Nigerian public at large with a focus on women entrepreneurs.
- S/he will be responsible for engaging stakeholders, other communication teams in the wider BRAVE Women program internationally and the project’s back-donor to implement the project’s overall communication and marketing strategy.
- An important role of the Marketing and Communication Officer is to manage all digital assets (website, social media pages, newsletters, etc.) and produce various promotional materials, press releases, lessons learnt materials (case studies, success stories, etc), organize events, etc.
S/he will provide support for the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and implementation of a Communication and Marketing Strategy for the project
- Provide timely, expert advice to key internal stakeholders regarding communication, marketing, outreach and engagement activities
- Provide quality control on all reports, marketing materials, and other documents generated from the PMU
- Attend meetings with stakeholders on an ad hoc basis regarding communications, outreach, PR, and media related issues, program deliverables and reports, and project branding and marking guidelines
- Assist with planning, logistics and attend project events as requested by the Project Manager, provide technical editing and formatting assistance with program deliverables and reports
- Prepare a range of time-sensitive written content, including policies documents, project plans, reports, discussion papers, newsletters, speeches, media releases, website content, publications and campaign material.
- Contribute to the production of reports and publications and the promotion and delivery of events (including conferences).
- Monitor and develop content for social media platforms, proactively engage with the sector and stakeholders through customer-focused content and newsletters that meets organizational objectives.
- Support the engagement and supervision of external consultants for all communications and marketing activities on the project.
- Develop collaborative working relationships and an effective network of both internal and external stakeholders to support and facilitate effective project management and implementation
- Assist the PMU with public outreach/awareness campaigns
- Assist the PMU in developing and managing relationships with news media and news agencies.
- Work with stakeholders to assist them in engaging in public education/public relations campaigns to raise the public awareness
- Conduct daily monitoring of national newspaper articles, social media and other periodicals for material substantively affecting the work of the project
- Organize and coordinate with local vendors to host award ceremonies, gatherings and public events
- Carry out additional duties to support the smooth operations and management of PMU
- A graduate degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Sociology, Linguistics or any other related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Marketing, Journalism, Publishing, Communications with NGOs, bilateral or multilateral developmental agencies
- Knowledge of international development or a demonstrated interest in private sector development (specifically MSME development and financing) and/or gender-related issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups,
- Team player, with excellent organizational, training design and delivery and time management skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented, efficient, reliable and creative
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including speech writing and writing for a range of publications. Ability to communicate in English (written and oral). Working knowledge of other Nigerian languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the development and implementation of communication and marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience developing and disseminating content using different communication channels such as the intranet, social media, and newsletters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including management, staff, project beneficiaries, media, designers and external parties.
- Computer skills & knowledge, in particular Microsoft Office Package – Excel, Word, Power Point. Knowledge of any other applications related to design, publishing and other aspects of communication is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 26th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the Job Title as subject of the email.