MTN is a leading telecommunications company, providing cutting edge services in Africa. We are recruiting to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Officer – Debt Recovery, Customer Services
Job Identification: 1857
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Billing and Collections
Division: Customer Relations
- Identify likely to be suspended postpaid consumer accounts for recovery purposes (managed/unmanaged accounts)
- Conduct Post suspension checks to ensure paid-up accounts are active and escalate irregularities
- Conduct Manual claw-back process and revoke of suspension where necessary
- Deploy timely debt collection interventions on Consumer Post-paid Accounts with collectible and bad debt from utilized credit limit to attain divisional/business performance target.
- Negotiate and agree to payment plan terms with customer on aged debt for collections in line with policy.
- Liaise with Key Account Management and Outbound team for customer engagement on collection intervention
- Prepare and dispatch Demand Letters to accounts in Bad Debt and Quarantine.
- Monitor Pre-dunning & Post-Dunning activities before and after soft suspension of customers.
- Prepare and submit key business performance reports on weekly, monthly, Bi-annual and annual basis including other ad-hoc reports.
- Identify Consumer Postpaid ported accounts and deploy recovery interventions
- Identify, log IT issues affecting the Unit’s day-to-day activities and follow through to resolution, averting revenue leakages and achieve the team/unit’s KPI.
- Spool and report indebted VIP Accounts to the VIP Helpdesk team for debt collection follow-up.
- Generate of data file, collate and submit Consumer Postpaid Ageing Report, Debit & Credit positions and MCC Report to the Credit management unit in Finance.
- Generate, Compile, Analyze and submit Monthly Revenue & Collections Report to top management.
- Periodic Identification & Compilation of Bad debt & Write-Off accounts listing to Credit Bureau and delisting of paid-ups via Credit management unit.
- Carry out Validation, Mining, Interpretation & Analyzing of all Business Reports (Ageing/Billing Accounts Summary etc.).
- Ensure daily monitoring & reporting of Revenue Vs Ongoing Collection progress to Customer Relations Management
- Ensure data gathering, preparation, analysis and submission of Billing & Collections Unit Performance Monthly Reports to Management for presentation at monthly review session.
- Participate in Projects, User Acceptance Test to ensure accuracy in execution and delivery of process, product or services.
- Participate in weekly Customer Experience (CEX) sessions and follow-up on issues raised.
- Ensure Consumer Post-paid Bad Debt reduction by year end to =< 5%.
- First Degree in Banking & Finance, Economics, Accounting, Law.
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience including:
- Experience in data analysis, debt collections/prevention & management
- Experience in consumer post-paid billing & collections operation
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- Prior experience in Customer management and Negotiation
- Experience in managing complex processes and procedures
- proficiency in use of MS Excel and Power point
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2023 (11:59PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online