Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor – Ngala/Gambaru
Location: NGALA/Gambaru, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Place of Recruitment: Gamboru
Type of Contract: LOCAL BASED FIXED-TERM: RENEWABLE.
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- Specialty (nurse or anesthetist) diploma essential.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- English language essential, local language – Hausa/Kanuri desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork & cooperation
- Ready, available to work in Ngala/Gambaru, at full time.
Method of Application
Include on your application
Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
CANDIDATE APPLYING MUST HAVE A VALID NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD ISSUED BY NIMC & A BVN NUMBER
MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.