Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria’s National Plastic Action Partnership Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The manager manages all activities of Nigeria’s NPAP.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the identification, organization, and management of NPAP members, including a Steering Board, Technical Committee, Task Forces, and a wider community. Managing the NPAP involves facilitating meetings, briefing the NPAP chair, creating meeting content under the guidance of the NPAP chair, and managing all logistics for meetings, workshops, roundtables, and other formats of convening.
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic activities of NPAP in 2022 and beyond that accelerate progress in reaching reduction/elimination of plastic pollution leakage goals through policy, business shifts, improved public awareness, and sustainable financing mechanisms.
- Managing and monitoring the overall NPAP progress to ensure the deliverables are completed promptly.
- Support in identifying strategic investment partners and investment opportunities for plastic action.
- The Manager is expected to drive the Nigeria NPAP towards the following outcomes:
- Development of a robust governance structure, including engagement and participation of the NPAP Steering Board and Task Forces towards a clear 2022-2025 strategy with clear responsibilities for each member organization to work collaboratively on the implementation of the identified priority actions (to be identified in collaboration with the government and outlined in the Action Roadmap).
- Development of platform infrastructure and community, including engagement of key regional stakeholders to build a wider NPAP community and increase ownership of the NPAP agenda by plastic producers, plastic users, consumers, collectors, pickers, governments, and others, including but not limited to the private sector and civil society organizations.
- Connectivity and communication of partners’ initiatives: Improved visibility of the initiatives of GPAP/NPAP partners in the country/region, facilitating action-focused collaboration and learning opportunities both within Nigeria and across West Africa.
- Support Delivery Teams in the development of the national action roadmap, a tailored plan that summarizes the recommended actions and milestones for solving country-specific plastic waste issues
- Development of the national plastic financing roadmap, tailored recommendations for creating a financial environment that enables the realization of the national action roadmap and incentivizes and de-risks investments
- Identification of opportunities to accelerate action for a new plastic circular economy.
Under the guidance of the NPAP Steering Board (particularly the chairperson) and in coordination with the Director of GPAP, the Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Support the launch, development, and management of the Nigeria NPAP:
- Support the identification and organization of the NPAP members, which will ultimately include a Steering Board of approximately 20 members (CEO/Director General-level) and Task Forces (each Task Force comprises 10-20 members, number of Task Forces TBD) and a wider community.
- Contribute to the design and execution of an event to officially launch the Nigeria NPAP (including a relevant press conference with government counterparts and other awareness campaigns).
- Support and manage activities for developing the Nigeria NPAP Action Roadmap in collaboration with Government and key stakeholders.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the members of the GPAP Steering Board based in the region, facilitating their participation in the Steering Board meetings, and taking primary responsibility for onboarding new members as directed by the NPAP chair, GPAP Director and Steering Board.
- Manage the NPAP and support the strategic development and implementation of priority actions in collaboration with the Government and key stakeholders.
- Act as program manager for the national strategic initiative of NPAP, supporting the Nigeria NPAP Steering Board and Task Forces in coordinating implementation activities:
- Support the NPAP chairperson to facilitate and organize all NPAP activities and, in coordination with the GPAP Secretariat, lead the recruitment of potential NPAP partners within Nigeria.
- Act as the lead for preparing and delivering the Nigerian Steering Board Meetings, collaborating with the GPAP Global Secretariat, proposing the agenda and work plans for discussion and moderating the meetings and calls. Preparation includes logistics, event programming, and the selection and on-site management of subcontractors and service providers for the professional execution of the event.
3 ToR – NPAP Manager:
- Take leadership in organizing and delivering workshops that help bring together organizations focusing on mitigating plastic pollution from private and public organizations to share best practices, focus on specific strategic issues and initiatives, and catalyze change while scaling and replicating positive examples and best-in-class models.
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of the national and global communication activities of GPAP. Activities may be proposed during each planning year (e.g., to benefit from key engagement and communication opportunities subject to the agreement of the Forum and LBS Sustainability Centre).
- Curate the Nigeria NPAP spaces on the GPAP Digital Collaboration Platform (TopLink), coordinate the input or partners’ initiatives in the GPAP Initiative Map, and coordinate the input of regional activities in the GPAP Annual Report.
- Contribute to the design and execution of GPAP events
Contribute to research and evaluation:
- Collaborate in developing reports and issue briefs for relevant stakeholders on plastic waste and pollution.
- Synthesize lessons learned and experiences, publish findings in reports, and issue briefs.
- Review existing literature, studies, news, and events related to plastic pollution and waste.
National Coordination Governance:
- In performing the Manager’s duties, the organization’s employee or contractor will seek the guidance of the NPAP Steering Board and others as recommended by the GPAP Secretariat.
- On an operational basis, the Manager will liaise with the GPAP Secretariat at the World Economic Forum in Geneva to ensure coordination between the national, regional, and global activities of GPAP.
- The Manager is bound to submit financial, progress, and impact reporting on a routine basis (either bi-annually or monthly, depending on the report type) to GPAP Secretariat at the WEF. In addition, regular communication by e-mail and phone between the LBS Sustainability Centre and the GPAP Secretariat to help create visibility over critical activities, outcomes, and expenses as well as to provide guidance and support in times of critical events and milestone activities.
- The Manager is expected to comply with reporting frameworks agreed on with GPAP Secretariat and LBS Sustainability Centre.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Sustainable Development, Public Policy, or other related major is preferred
- Must have 6-8 years of experience in project management
- Candidate to be Nigerian and legally able to work in Nigeria
- Experience working on sustainable supply chain issues
- Strong professional network in Nigeria, both with the public and private sector
- Demonstrated ability to work across the public and private sector
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Excellent English, both verbal and written. Fluency in one or more Nigerian languages is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and facilitation skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Internet, and virtual meeting tools.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CV and Cover Letter) to: email@example.com using the Position as the subject of the email.