In West Africa, MainOne Cable is a top facilitator and go-to supplier of cutting-edge telecom services and network solutions, including connectivity and data centre solutions, for telecom operators, ISPs, other companies, and governmental organisations.
The success of MainOne Cable is founded on the ability of our employees to be leaders in their professions and to be exceptionally talented and skilled. You won’t find another job like the one you have at MainOne. Joining MainOne will make you feel challenged, proud, and inspired as you become a part of something significant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The NOC Support Engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems
- Perform first line troubleshooting/fault isolation
- Resolve where necessary, and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycles or operations
- Monitor MainOne’s network providing update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide first-line support on all faults on the MainOne network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using MainOne’s standard operating procedures
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of IP devices will be a plus
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Good Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments.
Demands of the Job:
- This is a shift based role
- The successful hire could be required to travel to support other MainOne Operations in other regions in Africa and beyond.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online