ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Consultancy)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Impact Assessment & Shared Learning Manager
Duration: 3 months Initial contract (renewable till 31st December 2021 based on performance)
- The M&E Consultant will provide supportive guidance to the management of the Systems and
- Structure Strengthening Approach against Radicalization to Violent Extremism (SARVE) project for a successful monitoring, evaluation and learning of the programme. This individual will also support M&E / Programme staff of the project sub-recipients and partners and ensure the strategic and functional integration of all M&E activities as well as active collaboration with the sub-recipient and other relevant authorities. S/he will be responsible for all M&E activities of the project and ensure accurate reporting of results for programme activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the development and review of all routinely generated field level reports, with the emphasis being on analyzing and describing programme results
- Participate and contribute in programme planning and implementation, contributing to work plans and M&E plans
- Provide inputs into trainings and workshops, particularly around measuring output & outcome level data
- Facilitate trainings and workshops, particularly those focusing on developing the capacity of partner’s skills and abilities in monitoring and evaluation
- Work closely with partners to establish their internal M&E systems, M&E plans, and data quality management
- Support the implementation of project’s M&E systems, including establishing and updating the project’s database
- Support quarterly Programme and M&E review of SARVE II project and other projects within the Humanitarian Unit of AAN.
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports
- Update quarterly workplan and Result Framework (RF) of SARVE II project
- Update Humanitarian projects data on AAN Management Information System
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information
- Collaborate with other programme staff to ensure every staff knows and understands their role in M&E
- Other tasks as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN Staff
- External: Donor, Partners, Community and other stakeholders.
Education / Qualifications
- First degree in Social sciences or Arts / Humanities
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- At least 3 years work experience 2 of which should have been spent in the development sector
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of conflict mitigation, preventing violent extremism and / or democracy and governance programmes, including working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, programme beneficiaries, and programme staff
- Ability to use the District Health Information System (DHIS) / or any other database software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Technical skills in analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to use various statistical software programmes such as SPSS, STATA.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission, values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should fill and complete the Application Form below and send in an MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org with “Job title” as the email subject
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- Subject line of email must state clearly, Job title of position applied for and location e.g Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Consultancy) – Abuja
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.