CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- CARE Nigeria is seeking the engagement of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to support the GAC funded integrated Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Gender Based Violence (GBV) project. The purpose of this position is to coordinate all the M&E related activities of the project and to contribute to set-up a coherent and robust mechanism for achieving program quality.
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the integrated SRH and GBV/protection actvities are implemented in accordance with CARE DM&E norms and standards in order to ensure high program quality.
- The M&E Officer will mentor and coach the project and partner staff in all M&E processes. This position will also oversee data management for sexual and reproductive health & GBV/ protection response activities of the project.
- She/he will provide oversight and guidance for the project’s outreach officers/ assistants in data cleaning and validation activities and the larger project team.
- She/he will assist the project team in establishing a strong monitoring and evaluation system and also work with them to ensure high quality implementation of that system.
- In addition, she/he will work very closely with project staff,other M&E colleagues from other sectors to ensure the incorporation of M&E best practices in the implementation of projects, and also advise on issues relating to the design to maximize output and results.
- She/he will lead on all SRH/GBV-related monitoring and reflective practice exercises and ensure documentation of best-practices/lessons learnt from the implementation of the project. She/he will also be involved in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the initiatives’ progress, in collaboration with partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Finally, she/he will take charge of the project’s Knowledge management, sharing and institutional learning.
- Work with the project teams (including local partners) ,State health authorities and key stakeholders to establish an organised Monitoring and Evaluation system appropriate to the projects needs and resources in order to enhance program quality.
- Work with project team and partners, and through periodic field visits, to establish impact measurement monitoring systems, including overall data collection/aggregation, and analysis.
- Lead the development of relevant and easily maintained monitoring tools and data collection systems for the projects. Work with the Sector lead, Project Manager and field staff to design measurable indicators and appropriate tools and ensure high level of community participation and ownership in doing so. 1.4 Liaise with Humanitarian Team Leader, Sector Leads and the Project Managers in the development of appropriate baseline, mid- term and final evaluation and special assessments / studies (ToRs, indicators, methodologies, and needs for external technical assistance).
- Build the capacity of project staff in all M&E-related areas ( Logical framework, M&E plans) and other general project design skills including the monitoring of appropriate project objectives and indicators) to ensure effective monitoring of activities.
- In collaboration with the Project Managers, facilitate training and other capacity-building activities for all project key stakeholders.
- Provide regular M&E trainings as needed, for field staff and partners in order to ensure proper implementation of the M&E plan.
- Set targets and benchmarks within a time frame for all indicators in collaboration with other team members
- With the support of the Sector Leads and Project Managers,facilitate the updating of the projects logical framework and/or the monitoring of appropriate indicators .
- Supervise and coordinate data collection exercises and ensure the accuracy of all data collected by developing terms of reference for enumerators recruitment and ensure the supervision of data collection (baseline, endline)
- Bachelor in Public Health, Social Sciences / Demography & Statistics / or related fields.
- Masters degree in Public Health, Social Sciences / Demography & Statistics / or related fields.
- Expert level knowledge and at least three years practical experience in Emergency response programmes with;
- Significant experience in monitoring and evaluation,especially in SRH, GBV or other health related fields.
- Experience in project implementation with an NGO, research institution, or development body (donor, UN agencies, development agencies/banks) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of project planning and monitoring tools.
- Strong computer skills, including statistical programs (e.g. SPSS, Epi-Info, etc.).
- Very strong writing/ reporting skills.
- Ability to work closely within a team/group environment.
- Language: English and Hausa are required.
- Must be a team player as well as able to work independently with minimum supervision. Disciplined, organized, respecting deadlines, adapting to a multicultural work environment, tolerance, respect CARE’s Core values.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is 70% field based (Bama and Dikwa) and 30% Maiduguri based.