Olam International Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Miller
- Grains is one of the 6 prioritized platforms in Olam The Grains business consists of 4 verticals: Wheat Milling (in sub-Saharan Africa), Origination & Trading (Origination in the Black Sea and Latin America, Destination in the Middle East & North Africa, Prop trading in Wheat/Corn/Soy), Animal Feeds & Proteins (starting in Nigeria, but plan to expand to 4-5 countries in Africa, Asia & MENA by 2020) and Ocean Freight (vessel charter, Prop trading).
- Our manufacturing facilities in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, and Senegal helping these countries to reduce import costs of refined wheat.
- With an unrelenting focus on food safety, innovation and cost efficiencies, we produce a range of quality flours for bread, baguettes, pasta noodles, biscuits, semolina, and confectionery.
- Responsible for efficient daily milling activities to assure operations are optimized.
- The primary activities of this position include the operation of the milling process, prioritizing and assigning proactive and reactive milling maintenance, troubleshooting milling issues and maintaining quality product output.
- The role also includes activities like repairing day planning, procuring needed milling materials, controlling spare parts inventory for rolls, sifters, purifiers, and other milling equipment.
- This is a people management position and requires managing hands-on training for new and existing millers, ensuring best practice execution and performing work quality checks.
- A keen understanding of costs and a business acumen to ensure profitability is critical for the position.
- To manage an efficient, safe site producing finished products that fulfil the requirements of our customers at least cost/maximum financial benefits.
- Ensure all areas operate efficiently within agreed financial budgets.
- Purchase of all materials necessary to maintain efficient production – ensuring availability and cost-effectiveness of the purchase process.
- Handling and packaging of animal feed products and aqua feed-based products
- Control stock levels of both raw materials and finished products. Optimize inventory for efficiency in working capital deployment
- Ensure efficient response to product specifications and volume requirements (in line with forecasts and new product development)
- Maintain and monitor production in respect of output yield/extraction capacity against set targets – exceed the targets
- Continually analyse output for variances and effectively manage negative variance.
- Implement work environment safety guidelines – ensure the health and safety of all subordinates within company guidelines and current legislation
- Regularly monitor the entire operations. Hold regular health and safety meetings as chairman of the site committee
- Implement agreed on recommendations from the annual contracted audits, reduce audit observations.
- Ensure all functional managers are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory, that govern accepted standards of safe operation at all premises
- Ensure production plant produces minimal dust and noise both internally and externally
- Build a structured site inspection and employee training plan, ensure effective implementation of the same.
- Ensure full employee awareness of safe working practices and their role in maintaining the required standards
- Experience: 7-12 years of Work experience with relevant exposure in handling multiple milling lines
- The candidate should have proven experience in production, milling operations role in flour / feed products, and managed large independent operations
- Excellent people management skills and should be able to lead a diversified team of different nationalities and skillsets.
- Communicate and interface with all levels of the organization and external agencies / contacts including statutory bodies
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple activities concurrently (Multitasking)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online