Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Midwife Supervisor
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, according to MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a highquality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population.
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring team work and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs&Gyne MD and following the protocols.
- Diploma of Midwife (or any Diploma recognized in the country and /or the Ministry of Health to practice as such)
- Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
Application Closing Date
12 pm: 14th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following in a Zip folder: Cover Letter, Diploma, Valid Practicing Licence, Work Certificates and Updated CV and send to: email@example.com using “Midwife Supervisor Kano” as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Up-dated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer(s) for reference.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test. Incomplete applications will be automatically discarded.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.