Mercy Corps Recruitment 2020/2021 Portal Opens for Procurement Assistant. Apply for Mercy Corps Graduate Job Recruitment 2020/2021 Today via Mercy Corps Career Portal. Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2020/00030
Location: Biu, Borno
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and conflict mitigation. With the ongoing insurgency in Northeast Nigeria causing the displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs.
- As the crisis has persisted, Mercy Corps’ strategy has also expanded to address the root causes of the conflict and seek to build the long term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on governance, the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, youth empowerment, and local conflict management.
General Position Summary
- The Procurement Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services.
- The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps procurement activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials and services to Mercy CorpsТ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications
Essential Job Functions
- Update contract tracking sheet on weekly basis
- Update On-going PR Master list with all assigned purchase requests and share with program team on weekly basis
- Printing Purchase Requests (PRs) in coordination with Senior Operations Officer; ensuring that PR is given to originator for appropriate signatures
- Has a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats.
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager Ц as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations Ц explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described below:
- Interact with vendors, in coordination with Operations Manager; coordinating with Finance department to ensure payments are facilitated in a timely manner
- Preparing payments for all assigned procurements
- File completed transactions as necessary
- Assist the Operations Manager and office staff with procurement activities, as required;
- Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets.
- The Procurement Assistant will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure goods are received in accordance with Mercy Corps standards.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Update Completed PR Master list with all assigned PRs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
- to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Reports Directly To: Procurement Officer
- Works Directly With: Operations and all programs.
Knowledge and Experience
- A relevant first degree in Business or related relevant field is desired.
- Minimum 1 year experience in procurement, preferably within an NGO; international business or related field. Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
- The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
- This position is based in Biu and will require travel to communities in and around Biu, Hawul and Kwaya Kusar when required.
17th June, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position