Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right-based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MELSA Officer
Req ID: 7661
Internal Job Grade: D1
Contract Type: 4 Month
Reporting to: Project Manager
Key relationships/interactions: Project Monitoring Unit (PMU)
- To promote agriculture-driven economic growth and improve the living conditions for 10,000 rural farmer households (60% women) with a specific focus on women and youth.
- To ensure effective data capture, management, processing, and analysis that contributes to effective communication and knowledge management with the LINE Project implementation to improve the livelihoods of 10,000 poor women and men farmers in Bauchi State, Nigeria.
- Ensure the conduct of comprehensive baseline to derive needed credible data for the tracking of results
- Ensure quality MEL and communications frameworks are developed and implemented in alignment with the LINE project logic model and performance measurement framework.
- Set up and maintain a project management information system (MIS) database using an online electronic platform.
- Collate and analyse M&E data (including through surveys, web statistics, interviews, subscriber data, unsolicited feedback, case studies, and reports) and analyse against outcomes to draw out learning and implications.
- Develop a monitoring protocol that both project subject component staff and partners can use for project reporting and data gathering, processing, and management.
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the LINE project web site and contents
- Undertake triangulation of findings using different types of data and analysis of trends over time
- Support partner MEL staff to ensure the quality of regular and evaluation reports.
- Set up community-based monitoring and planning platforms for value chains learning and innovations and build capacity of groups/artisans in record keeping and reporting
- Organise peer-to-peer exchange learning visits/communication for all levels of activities as appropriate. Stage exchange visits for farmer-to-farmer learning with successful value chain intervention activities.
- Ensure learning and dissemination by documenting LINE project models in various publications in which their effectiveness and the lessons learned are analysed, and are disseminated to subject-matter specialist and inform decision and policymakers.
- Develop and implement a project Communication Strategy with the support of the Project Manager and Oxfam Communication Officer.
- Facilitate dissemination of information and results to all participating LGAs and key stakeholders in the state.
- Monitor the quantitative and qualitative performance of the LINE project. Ensure quarterly monitoring reports on progress are submitted in line with donor reporting requirements.
- Ensure mid and end-term evaluation reports effectively document the activities in the project and track towards envisaged results
- Develop ToRs, Capacity Development plans, Implementation routines, M&E routines, in order to support activities of implementing partners
- Undertake surveys as needed for continuous tracking of results and learning
- Provide technical support on M&E to project activities and Implementing partners especially towards the development, implementation, and progress tracking of the project document and the Annual work plans (AWPs)
- Document and analyses innovative strategies, best practices, and new approaches and adapt quickly to change as needed.
- Maintain the LINE project Web content and provide back-up content editing cover.
- Ensure the values of participation, partnership, sustainability, social responsibility, cost-effectiveness, transparency, and accountability are reflected in LINE project activities.
- Any other tasks as assigned within the Project team
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Statistics, Economics, or any relevant equivalent degree.
- Master’s in Statistics will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive working experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning in either Agriculture or the development sector – preferably within the NGO sector.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in working with word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, databases and electronic communication.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building a relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with a lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well-unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organization’s goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job.
- We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
- Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct.
- We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- Due to the urgency of this vacancy, applications will be reviewed as received and vacancy could be closed earlier than the date indicated.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply