Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Location: Potiskum and Bade, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Slots: 3 Openings
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Experience Level: Entry Level
Direct Line Manager: MEAL Officer
Proposed Start Date: August 2021
Company Overview / Job Description
- Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- AAH is looking to fill the role of The MEAL Assistant to implement MEAL processes and activities required to improve program quality to achieve positive impact on AAH programs.
- Qualitative data collection (FGD, KII, IDI) with beneficiaries;
- Participate in the facilitation of training of data collectors;
- Ensure proper community mobilization and sensitization prior to data collection;
- Conduct daily debriefing with data collectors and ensure that issues and challenges are reported;
- Sharing of community engagement schedule with program team on monthly basis;
- Provide daily update to MEAL Officer on on-going data collection, including data collectors performance and challenges encounters;
- Conduct data collectors appraisal following each activities, to submit to the M&E officer;
- Submit timely field reports to M&E officer after implementation of activities;
- Support M&E officer for activity reporting, data cleaning and analysis when required,
- Collation of program data for trend analysis per project;
- Work closely with accountability team in community sensitization, compilation of feedback and complaints at the field level as well as compliant resolution;
- Support project teams in field monitoring.
- Degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects preferably;
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing (Mobile Data Collection a strong advantage);
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values and principles;
- Capacity to be flexible and adaptable;
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Fluency in at least one local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani, Shuwa, etc.);
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
Salary and Benefits
- N172,695 monthly.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.