Materials Officer Job Recruitment at Michael Stevens Consulting. Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, an indigenous Oil and Gas Servicing Firm requires for immediate employment suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Materials Officer
- We are looking for an experienced Materials Officer to manage inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies used in our company.
- The goal is to ensure our operations have always an adequate flow of the material they need.
- Collaborate with other personnel to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the organization
- Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material during emergencies
- Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Assist in forecasting to plan future orders
- Proven experience as materials manager
- Experience in shipping and receiving
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of SAP MM
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A problem-solver
- BSc/HND in a numerical discipline or relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in materials management
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2020.