BFREE was founded in 2020 by digital lending executives that were deeply unsatisfied with existing credit collection infrastructure in emerging markets. Backed by leading African Venture Capital funds we are now reinventing credit collection in Nigeria and Kenya step by step to make the process more efficient, scalable, and user friendly while giving customers back control over their financial health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced Oga at the Top for BFREE’s business in Nigeria.
- You will be in charge of driving Sales to Financial Institutions (Commercial Banks, Microfinance Banks, Lenders), manage the Client Relationships, and manage our Nigerian Operations with support of our group Ops team.
- You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the daily wahala of our business in Nigeria while living, shaping, and creating our BFREE culture in Nigeria with a team size of over 200 employees. It’s our culture that everyone can speak up, if they are not happy – so be prepared to manage that for 200 people
- The perfect candidate has experience in investment banking/ top-tier consulting (MBB) and/or a fast paced start-up environment (your sister’s hair boutique does not count unless you have successfully scaled it to 5 countries in a year), preferably with a strong B2B exposure to financial institutions.
- You have to be able to build meaningful relationships with key decision makers in financial institutions; better if you have these relationships already. Yes, we also know that there are no perfect candidates. Our business solutions are very mathematical and statistical – so you better don’t get scared by large data sets.
- Drive Sales to key financial institutions in Nigeria, manage smooth onboarding of clients, and grow the customer relationships
- Live ownership for all aspects of general management for our Nigeria business
- Co-manage our Operations in Nigeria with the support of our global Ops team
- Lead, train, and grow our team of over 200 people
- People – Our people and customers are the core of what we do. Support, transparency, accountability, and personal growth are at the fundamentals of our existence, internally for our staff and externally for our customers.
- Ethics – We make no compromises on the way we operate. We always treat our customers with respect, dignity, honesty, and transparency. A financial emergency can happen to everyone; including you.
- Results – We would have no right to exist if our approach was not viable, so we generally work 100% commission-based. Clients only pay us when we successfully undebt customers.
You can convince us that you can do the job, but bonus if you have:
- A background in Investment Banking/ Top Tier Consulting (MBB) or tech consulting (Accenture, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Excellent sales experience to financial institutions.
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- Occasional remote authorized.
What We Offer
Working for a fast-growing tech-enabled ethical credit is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging and expectations are high, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer for this position:
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive Equity Stock Option package
- Flexible remote work schedule
- 25 days Annual Leave (if you don’t build a strong team and processes, your phone will still ring…)
- Opportunities to learn and grow with assigned personal development budgets
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference
- Ability to work with some of the best minds in the start-up industry through daily interactions
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no BS, no suits, and no jerks
- Everything else that you negotiate.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Short phone interview (15 minutes max) with CEO
- Extended interview (remote or in-person) with CEO and COO
- Take-home case study
- Case study review interview with CEO
- Final interview with founders