Apply for Manager – Risk, MTN GlobalConnect Recruitment at MTN Nigeria, as MTN career portal opens for latest positions. Kindly scroll down to find details about this job and apply.
MTN brand is readily recognisable as the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria and a member of a broad community throughout Africa and the Middle East. We are able to recruit the appropriate skills through our appealing brand, which we actively develop by consistently upgrading our job opportunities beyond compensation and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Manager – Risk, MTN GlobalConnect
Job Identification: 2210
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
- Implement the MTN Group Risk and Compliance Frameworks in GlobalConnect for MTN to effectively manage all risk exposures (opportunity, hazard, uncertainty etc) that pose an internal or external threat (political, economic, financial, market, international) to the business, its people and assets.
- Implement the Group compliance framework for MTN to effectively manage compliance to all applicable laws and regulations and a common set of policies and procedures.
- Support in the implementation of Compliance certification program and Internal Control Improvement Plan in MTN GlobalConnect.
- Manage the risk to organisation, its employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Facilitate the performance of Executive, Functional, Projects, Process etc, risk Assessments for MTN GlobalConnect and reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Build a risk-aware culture in the organization by providing ongoing education, appropriate briefing and training to leadership and employees on Risk, compliance, Ethics and Resilience in their respective roles in the implementation and alignment with the Risk and Compliance Frameworks.
- Research emerging risks and trends in the industry, communicate to management and provide controls measures.
- Support management in the drive for automation using appropriate tools technology tools in place.
- Implement appropriate systems for monitoring the effectiveness of all the risk management services and compliance, and present findings to the relevant stakeholders. (Line Manager, R&C Head, Divisional Executives, Risk Champions, etc)
- Facilitate the process for elevating/escalating control risks to more senior levels when appropriate (Documenting Risk Red Flags, Escalations, and Acceptances in line with the risk escalation and acceptance Policy of the organisation).
- Collaboratively work with Governance Champions to enhance overall risk and compliance management posture of GlobalConnect and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure that business units across the organization take ownership in the identification and management of their functional risks to guarantee safeguarding MTN GlobalConnect s customers, reputation, assets and the interests of stakeholders as well as manage the implementation of the Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM) activities for proactive, regular and automated monitoring of key controls to ensure that they are effectively operating as designed and that plans are in place to fix any control breakdown.
- Facilitate Governance Committee Meetings and ensure all relevant risk inputs are considered during engagement.
- Assist the organisation in the delivery of its overall Risk and Compliance Maturity KPIs.
- Quality and timely reporting to Management and stakeholders on Risk and Compliance activities.
- Ensure risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements, and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation’s previous handling of risks.
- Perform Compliance Screening for all the partners, customers, vendors, etc of the organisation.
- Ensure effective implementation of disaster recovery, business continuity in GlobalConnect and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure effective implementation of insurance risk management framework and strategies including establishment of appropriate and effective claims management processes
- Support the implementation of security policies, protocols and procedures to ensure that the employees, assets and buildings remain protected.
- Implement the GlobalConnect Ethics management program in place to ensure that the organisation conducts business in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Facilitate the Compliance Management of the organisation by ensuring update of Compliance Universe, Compliance Risk Management Plan and Compliance Monitoring plan.
- Implementing strategies for ensuring future compliance and mitigation of risk i.e., Material legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various regulators (also includes JSE)
Key Performance Areas:
- Core, essential responsibilities/outputs of the position (KPA’s)
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, and Competencies)
- Degree in Business Administration (DBA/ Degree in Risk Management / Bachelor’s in Finance or other related disciplines)
- International certification in Risk Management, Compliance, Ethics, Business Continuity, Insurance will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant field preferably in the telecommunications industry
- Work across diverse cultures and geographies
- Significant experience in evaluating the Policies associated with complex/ emerging business and operational processes.
- Strong project planning and management, report writing and presentation experience.
- Experience in audit/compliance and risk management is mandatory
- International exposure is an added advantage
- Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Information processing, Influencing others
- Data interpretation, Judgement, Continuous improvement, Reporting
- Get it done, Communication, Innovative, Agile, Accountable
- Facilitation, conflict resolution and client management.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2023; 12:55
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online