About NERC: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission – NERC is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Metering Standards
Division: Engineering, Performance and Monitoring
- Monitoring compliance of customer, statistical, feeder and grid metering specifications and installations with the Metering Code.
- Monitoring evolving technologies and standards in metering, energy consumption measuring instruments, and communication systems
- Knowledge and monitoring of metering, billing/vending, and collection integrated systems.
- Work with local and international standard organizations on metering standards
- Tracking of metering deployment across all the facets of NESI
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Develop presentations and reports
- Carry out any other task assigned by the AGM, Performance Monitoring.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree & Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Bias in Instrumentation and Control Systems).
- Minimum years of experience: 9 years
- Registration with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) is an added advantage.
- Team player, Works well under Pressure, Self-Starter.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.