The Lagos State Government’s (LASG) statewide programme, EKOEXCEL, aims to transform ECCDE and Primary education in all Lagos State government schools by introducing 21st Century education that is child-centered and supported by contemporary practises and technology. The initiative aims to improve learning outcomes for students in the classroom while empowering and assisting public school teachers. The initiative marks the state of Lagos’s basic education system’s largest-ever investment. It is reducing the financial barriers for the hundreds of thousands of students enrolled in the State’s public primary school system and bringing fairness to basic education.
The Lagos state government is unwavering in its dedication to fairness, working to bridge the wealth and poverty gaps by ensuring that everyone has access to high-quality education. The effective development of more highly qualified instructors is essential to the programme. by assisting, encouraging, and supporting currently employed government teachers to be successful in their classrooms. Children are learning twice as much arithmetic and three times as much reading as they did previously because to this curriculum!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, IT Operations
About the Role
- The IT Manager role will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement, and efficient operation of IT functions.
- Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems, as well as the line management of IT officers and associates.
- The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
What Will You Do
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all local NewGlobe staff, covering all hardware, software, and associated peripherals
- Deploy computers, school technology, and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the Director of IT and other senior IT personnel
- Manage the local area network and internet connection.
- Recommend, source, install, and maintain network equipment such as firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Maintain existing equipment to standards, by performing upgrades, new installations, and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensure that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Ensure network security through installation of appropriate hardware and software, as well development of IT policies.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers, or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in NewGlobe’s designated service desk system.
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor performance of NewGlobe systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior staff members in all of the above
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Manage IT infrastructure improvement projects, including scheduling and budgeting.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous, and rapid response to individual users.
What You Should Have
- A Degree from a recognized university with top marks in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5 – 10 years relevant IT/industry work experience.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant Microsoft certification.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Windows desktop (7/8/X) and Windows Server (at least 2012) experience
- Routers, switches, and firewall experience.
- Microsoft Office support.
- Active Directory administration.
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Good research skills, including ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis.
- Knowledge of Android technologies, smartphones, LAN and Wifi configurations.
- Experience with admin of Microsoft systems such as Navision, IIS, or Sharepoint.
- Experience with AWS.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online