PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Financial Services Risk and Regulation (FSRR)
Requisition ID: 381685WD
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Description & Summary
- A career within our Financial Risk and Regulatory team (FSRR) team will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed forward looking and dynamic risk management capabilities into their corporate business practices. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology our clients can leverage to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible, in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition.
- We work with a broad range of financial institutions and corporate organisations to develop robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance.
- The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital & capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and emerging risk areas
- We have current emphasis on leveraging analytics and technology solutions in risk management.
- As a Manager, the candidate, as a critical part of the PwC’s Financial Risk and Regulation leadership team, will help to solve complex clients’ risk management issues from strategy to implementation across multiple engagements.
- He/She will work with PwC teams to lead the development and delivery of tailored risk management solutions to a diverse range of clients with focus on the financial services sector.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for leading financial risk solutions that identify, design, and implement creative business solutions for our clients.
- Contribute to subject matter expertise and technical knowledge in financial risk and regulations on both local and global levels.
- Demonstrate proven intimate knowledge of, and/or success in understanding and applying banking laws and regulations, including Basel II/III implementation, ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery Resolution Planning requirements as well as emerging risk areas – conduct risk, cyber risk, etc.
- Advise clients on their financial risk frameworks – governance, policies, models, and systems and apply collaborative critical thinking to solve complex client problems.
- Lead client presentations and pitches with Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with clients and other relevant stakeholders to build trust and ensure effective communication of value proposition.
- Ensure effective navigation of the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements across the PwC network.
- Participate in firm go-to-market activities, identify new business opportunities, and development of proposals.
- Oversee the management of the multiple complex engagements including resource requirements, project workflow and schedule, budgets, billing, and collections.
- Develop thought leadership to address ongoing industry issues.
- Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows.
Experience & Academic Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a reputable college/university.
- Professional qualification(s) such as FRM, CFA, ACCA or equivalent are an added advantage;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a professional services firm or similar role in a financial institution; with a minimum of 1 year experience in a managerial capacity.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to use data effectively to identify and resolve issues
- Experience across all or majority of the following:
- Enterprise risk transformation;
- Designing and assessing effectiveness of clients’ enterprise wide risk management frameworks and programs in line with regulation, organisational objectives and leading practices.
- Performing risk assessments, surveys, dashboards, scorecards, and reports using appropriate metrics (key risk indicators, loss event data, emerging risks, control effectiveness) to support the senior management and board in the evaluation and reporting of enterprise risk;
- Basel II/III/IV
- Quantitative modeling: credit risk rating models, value at risk, economic capital models, economic value of equity and earnings at risk model, scenario analysis and stress testing, RAROC models, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the credit life cycle and experience in credit rating, analysis, and approval delegation, etc.
- Design of risk policies and procedures – credit risk, market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, and interest rate risk management etc.
- Treasury management, e.g. ALM, cashflow and liquidity management, funds transfer pricing etc.
- Experience in analytical and risk management tools/systems (e.g. SAS, R, VBA, etc.)
- Practical experience and working knowledge in four or more of the following: risk governance and analytics, market risk management, credit risk management, treasury and liquidity risk management & ILAAP , operational risk management; capital management and ICAAP, ideally in a professional service environment or financial institution.
- Strong experience in the model development tasks, including data cleaning, credit risk modelling (e.g. PD/LGD/EAD estimation), risk parameters application, A-IRB, economic capital, RAPM, IFRS-9 models and stress testing Models, big data AI modelling and application is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of CBN and Basel prudential risk and regulations requirements and the overall Nigerian regulatory landscape.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationship with existing and potential clients, stakeholders, members of the C-Suite and Directors.
- Experience in working in a project-based and team-oriented environment, with a proven track record of managing teams and delivering in fast-paced and demanding environments; ideally one of the big 4 or other related consulting firms.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Proven experience in business development, relationship building and technical delivery.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with C-suite and board level stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written and oral communications skills (presentation & facilitation).
- A proactive approach to problem solving, delivering results and meeting client expectations.
- Strong management skills and proven people management skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others.
- Project management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online