9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Circuit Switch VAS
Job ID: IRC4809
- Manage the operation and maintenance of Circuit Switching (CS) and PS VAS systems and provide high level support functions on VAS equipment.
- Assist the Head, CIVE Operations in communicating the unit’s direction and objectives to all staff.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the team/ function’s activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit/function’s strategy.
- Establish and manage service levels with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the CS VAS Operations team to ensure the optimal performance, operation and maintenance of EMTS’s circuit switching systems and VAS nodes.
- Liaise with vendors to commission, integrate and perform system acceptance testing (SAT) for VAS elements on EMTS’s network.
- Troubleshoot circuit switching VAS network nodes such as Voicemail, USSD, IVR, CRBT, SMSC,IPCC, SCG, etc., as required to prevent, isolate, and resolve network faults.
- Ensure adherence to a proactive maintenance cycle on all VAS circuit switching systems
- Implement pacification scheme when platform operation issues arise.
- Focus on users experience, provide service UI and logical flow improvement suggestion, support content operation and promotion.
- Establish operation methodology based on deep understanding of mobile internet and telecom VAS operations
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to CS VAS system policies, standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems diagnosing and solving hardware or software fault.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, CIVE Operations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, CIVE Operations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / technology related field.
- Minimum of Six (6) years work experience in VAS solution with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- Familiar with VAS equipment and platform
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS and ASP. Net; Web/internet content filtering
- IP Technologies
- Knowledge of Database Management and SQL query
- Strong knowledge of (SMPP, SMPP3.4,OS(UNIX, Linux)
- Domain name, service configuration and management,
- Programming skills: Java
- Good communication skills and strong customer – centric focus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online