MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managed Service Engineer
Location: Ogombo, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
- The Managed Service Engineer will be responsible for end to end communication monitoring and fault management of all circuits of Managed Services origin in MainOne using various TX, IP, and trouble ticketing systems to support the delivery of his job functions.
Specifically, the Managed Services Engineer will be responsible:
- Monitor all MainOne Managed Services customer circuits providing a specific update, status, and performance to customer and MainOne internal stakeholders etc.
- Identify faults or performance issues within the customer network from MainOne’s monitoring tools in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management.
- Work with the service desk team to ensure trouble tickets (TT) are opened and updated for every network event within the customer’s managed services network and ensure they are tracked with customers, MainOne internal teams, and MainOne partners till they are closed.
- Ensure proper technical documentation of the customer’s managed services circuits and network information to aid the effective operation of the managed service.
- Maintain constant communication through phone calls and emails with the customer taking his complaints and ensuring they are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily, weekly and monthly reports on customer’s network performance and share with customer and MainOne internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all signed Managed Services SLAs with customer are met.
- You will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments internally and other MainOne partners not limited to her vendors and 3rd Party service providers who are involved in the deployment of the “Managed Service” solutions.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum BSC in Electrical Electronics Engineering or Degree in a related discipline.
- 5-7 years’ experience
- Routing Protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Good knowledge of networking technologies- TCP/IP, BGP, DNS will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Professional/Technical certifications preferably CCNA & CCNP
- Good knowledge of Microwave network. Working knowledge of Ubiquiti radios will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Fibre network and its related carrier technologies e.g. GPON, Media Converter and DWDM.
- Good communication skills.
- Good documentation and reporting skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to use initiative to tackle a broad range of problems, while still following procedures and processes.
- Strong diagnostic, analysis and problem resolution skills with a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Able to work well within a busy team and handle a wide range of issues.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
- Ability to form good customer relationship with the customer.
- Good technical documentation skills
- Very good understanding of Main One’s products and processes
- Eager and quick to learn
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong commitment to excellence
- Innovation and creativity
- Result orientated
Demands of the job:
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
- Good research skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online