Logistics Assistant Job Recruitment at ACTED. ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
About the Job
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for all the below responsibilities for Katsina Office according to ACTED guidelines Under the authority of Senior Logistics Officer & Area Logistics Manager
- To support the Base Manager and the Security department to find the premises based on the pre-determined criterion.
- To set-up Katsina Base according to the Logistics and Security requirements.
- To create a relevant and efficient Suppliers Database in Katsina Base.
- To support the IT Officer for the installation of the internet connexion.
- To communicate with the pre-selected Car Rental Service provider to ensure smooth fleet management before the signature of a 1-year FWA.
- To receive Order form – cross-check the items and ensure the OF filled with clear descriptions, delivery timeline, delivery location as well as the budget has validated by Finance.
- To spot gaps in the setup of the Office/ GH of the base and start procurements in consolidation with Base Manager and Area Logistics Manager.
- To ensure the regular update of the Order Form Follow-up (OFFU).
- To ensure overall compliance with ACTED procurement procedures.
- To ensure a fair and transparent selection of suppliers.
- To follow-up with the Finance department on a bi-weekly basis and the contract follow-up (CFU), to ensure all procurement contracts under scenario (C) are registered and recorded.
- To follow up with office/GH cleaner/laundryman for any ad hoc purchases or services required for ACTED premises.
- To facilitate all procurements of running costs for the base.
- To ensure the signature of Framework Agreements with trustworthy vendors for the items/services purchased on a recurrent basis for the Office or activities.
- Ensure information flow with other departments for effective service delivery thus securing the successful conclusion of the programs.
Delivery Follow up/ Stock Management:
- To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers, and packing list).
- To follow and ensure that the signed waybill, reception vouchers, and packing list are collected after each delivery IMMEDIATELY.
- To attach and file each delivery form (waybill, reception voucher, and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in the designated folder.
- To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF).
- To communicate and provide the purchase delivery documents with Finance for supplierТs payments.
- To keep the stock files updated and a neat and clean stock.
- To ensure that the stock management documents are filled daily (based on the in/out of the stock) and ensure the weekly reporting to the Area Logistics Manager.
- To ensure overall compliance with the stock management procedures.
- To create and update regularly the procurement folders for each ongoing program based on purchase scenarios
- To create and or update the Order form follow up folders (open order form to be placed in this folder)
- To update the procurement folders regularly and ensure that all procurement documents are collected with high attention on transparency and ACTED FLAT guidelines
- To ensure both soft and hard filling for all procurements done for Katsina Base.
- To plan daily movements of the fleet in Katsina to facilitate adapted services to the program teams.
- To make sure all vehicles are operational and in the good and safe condition through daily checks and the management of maintenance.
- Liaise with Fleet Assistant Maiduguri for operational planning of cars and drivers.
- To report efficiently to the Fleet assistant Maiduguri for any fleet challenges.
- To ensure Logbooks are properly filled by the drivers in Katsina
- To ensure the efficient use of the Generator(s) and ensure regular maintenance.
- To report to the Area Logistics Manager the Motorized Asset Follow-up (TRA-06) monthly.
- To keep the Asset Follow-up (AST-05) updated.
- To report to the Area Logistics Manager the Asset Follow-up (AST-05) monthly.
- To create appropriate documentation when handed over assets to ACTED staff.
- To ensure the repairs of the assets of Katsina staff with the support of the IT Officer.
- To ensure a constant and good internet connexion at any time.
- Weekly Base Report
- Monthly Motorized Asset Report.
- Monthly Stock Report.
- Monthly Assets & Inventory Report.
- Monthly Communication cost Report.
- Monthly Log Progress Report
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
- The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work in are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 2 years of working experience in the field of Logistics is required.
- Extensive experience and ability in operating Microsoft Office.
- University Degree or Advanced Training / Course in Business Administration, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Humanitarian or related field
- Exemplary communication and organization skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and can deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Must be adaptable and can work well in high-pressure situations.
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- An established network of Logistics related contacts in Katsina, Sokoto, and Zamfara states.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Contract length: 6 Months possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start Date: 1st July, 2020.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address, and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases, Interview could be held before the closing date.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview.