Atiku Institute for Development of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a prospective candidate for the GIZ-funded Building Resilience through Sustainable Agriculture (BRSA) project within the capacity below:
Job Title: Logistic Assistant (Driver)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Team Lead / Capacity Development Specialist
Duration: 10 Months
- The Logistics Assistant will provide general administrative and clerical support for the project during training and workshops.
- He will also provide logistical support by rendering driving services.
- The Driver is in charge of driving staff to various destinations as authorized.
- Provide logistics and administrative support to staff during the workshop.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet
- Parks vehicle safely at designated places at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm, travels after 6pm must have prior approval of the PD/Administrator of Grants and Contracts.
- Ensure vehicle movement log books are filled accurately, timely and regularly.
- Report to the PD and Logistics Coordinator, accidents or issues with BRSA project vehicles.
- Compliance with motor vehicle and travel policy of AUN and GIZ regulations.
- Ensure vehicles have tool kit, jack, umbrella, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement of SSCE and Trade test is an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years working experience with International organizations.
- Must have valid class B driver’s license.
- Certificate on professional driving and proficiency in Hausa is an added advantage.
- Experience of GIZ and/or USAID policy on driving and vehicle usage is an advantage
- Fulfil AUN Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs – AUN salary scale.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file (word document or PDF format) to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.
- The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.