APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGA Program Assistant
Job ID: api-63297
Location: Akwanga / Doma / Karu / Keffi / Kokona / Nasarawa / Toto, Nassarawa
Employment Type: Full Time
- Accelerating Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) is a World Bank-funded project that aims to increase the utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls, and children under five years of age, in twelve geographically representative, high-malnutrition burden states in Nigeria. The Project has two components which are: delivery of Basic Package of Nutrition Services (BPNS) and strengthening stewardship in nutrition programming through performance-based financing of public health facilities and disbursement-linked indicators
- The Local Government Area (LGA) Program Assistant – Nutrition reports directly to the Nutrition Specialist and M&E Manager to ensure implementation of high impact, quality programming and proven interventions that meet stated goals and reporting requirements.
- S/He will provide strategic support, set priorities, and manage the implementation of the project’s activities within designated LGAs in Nasarawa State in collaboration with the nutrition specialists.
- S/He will actively monitor and ensure equitable distribution of nutrition commodities by the community service providers in designated LGA(s) to avoid stock-out or wastage in collaboration with the Logistics and Procurement Specialist.
- S/He will oversee all LGA activities to ensure qualitative service delivery and appropriate documentation.
- S/He will coordinate all Community Volunteers responsible for the day-to-day reporting of the project within the allocated LGAs and ensure proper delineation of nutrition services provided at the facilities and communities to avoid double-counting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Degree in Sciences or Social Sciences. A Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or public health is an added advantage.
- Must possess at least two to three (2–3) years of experience supporting nutrition or public health programming, preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience using MS Office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook among others.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship skills with stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
18th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a Suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge, and experience make them suitable, and must indicate the LGA they are applying for.
- Failure to indicate an LGA may lead to disqualification.
- Applying for more than one LGA will also lead to disqualification.