Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGA Field Assistant
Locations: Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa and Niger
- We are recruiting for a LGA Field Assistants to join our team in Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa and Niger offices.
- The position will support the Primary Health Care (PHC) departments in the local government areas (LGAs) of the intervention states to carry out SMC activities.
- The LGA Field Assistant will embed within the LGA team to provide technical assistant in the implementation of SMC-related activities for pre-implementation/planning phase, during and post-implementation phases.
Specific Activities for the Personnel
Programme Implementation, treatment tracking and management (70%):
- Support to implement all SMC activities at health LGA level, including timely implementation of work plan, planning meetings, commodity distributions and monitoring to avoid any stock out, Community mobilization activities, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies through tracking consumption levels and review of reconciliation reports
- Responsible for capacity building of field partners (Supervisors, HFW, CDDs, and community mobilisers) through training, on-job support and quality supervision.
- Track program targets and timely implement the planned activities to ensure program meets targets and review reports from LGAs and HFW for accuracy and completeness prior to submission.
- Ensure implementation of activities is in line with the laid down protocols, by continuously monitoring and conducting supervision and on-job training of LGA, HFW and CHWs
- Maintain a good relationship and work jointly with – Public Health Officers and other partners to undertake home visits, meetings and to ensure health LGA’s ownership.
Reporting & data quality control (10%):
- Review all field implementer reports, provide feedback on areas which needs correction and submit the final hard copy report to the LGA Cluster supervisor after LGA Level approval
- Assist ME Officer on the data quality queries and ensure identified issues are rectified in time
- Ensure submission of EoC Report, success stories, trip reports etc. to keep the LGA cluster and State Programme Manager abreast with the project implementation at LGA level
Coordination and representation (10%):
- Responsible for overall planning and coordination of LGA and HFW/supervisors and CDDs during training and supervision visits.
- Liaise with key partners including LGA team, State MOH, Community leaders, other stakeholders (as necessary)
- Attend data validation meetings at LGA level and as directed by LGA cluster supervisor/State Programme Manager
- Establish and maintain links with health and other nutrition services with special attention to referral cases
Administrative and other duties (10%):
- Ensure the development of individual and team action plans to ensure role complementarities in achieving the set treatment target
- Participate in the follow-up of supplies consumption
- Overall planning of stock levels, making sure that they are sufficient for the operations at SMC sites
- Ensure that all HF release physical inventory of all SMC commodities supplied at the end of each cycle.
- Any other duties as required by the line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical Officer, Nurse or Public Health, Sciences or Development related qualification.
- At least two (2) years field experience in related field.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and/or other local languages is required.
- Experience working in drug/commodity supply management, ME and logistics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including LGA staff, HFW and community leaders.
- Experience of conducting quality supportive supervision and data use Desirable:
- A broad range of experience including logistics, training and capacity building ability.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Experience working at LGA level Work-based skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills particularly Microsoft Office.
- Flexible, ability to work both as an individual and as a team member and under stress in what can be a harsh environment.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2022 at 12:50 BST.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date.
- Early applications are encouraged.
- Candidates who have been blacklisted by the Global Fund need not apply.
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding.