WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Job Type: Full-time · Associate
- Provide professional legal advisory and expertise on all legal matters across our different subsidiaries.
- Responsible for legal advisory services that ensures both regulatory compliance and business continuity
- Dealing with all legal matters including criminal, civil, police liaison, and arbitration matters. Drafting, vetting of criminal complaints, criminal writ Appeals, and well versed with court processes.
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues and counsels junior officers and upper management in order to develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of great political, public relations, or financial risk or significance, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Drafting and vetting of various cross-border Agreements, Contracts and other documents.
- Attending Court cases and assisting the counsel in drafting of Written Submissions & Petitions.
- Prepare, review and modify legal documents/contractual instruments and MOUs/MOAs to assist and support various business activities/functional departments.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on various aspects of laws to various functional departments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the legal department for management meetings.
- Responsible for litigation, legal notices, keep records of all licenses & compliances and all litigation matters.
- Knowledge in legal aspects relating to various Laws including labour laws.
- Manage all Montego external counsels, monitoring their performance and adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Identify all commercial/business development/transactions risks and provide the mitigation plans options
- Responsible for the implementation of the Quality Management System for continuous improvement and satisfaction of applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
Requisite Qualification And Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Must have at least 5 years’ work experience in a similar function, with a total minimum of 10 – 15 years legal experience.
Key Competence & Behavioural Expectations
- Legal and Advocacy Management
- Business and Industry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online