Globally focused on emerging markets, Stanbic IBTC Bank is a major African banking organisation. With a current footprint spanning 16 nations on the African continent, it has been a cornerstone of the financial system in South Africa for 150 years.
In order to ensure great customer service and cutting-edge financial solutions, Standard Bank is a strong proponent of technological innovation. Our dedication to the most cutting-edge solutions, the top talent, and an especially adaptable and dynamic working environment is reflected in our expanding level of success on a worldwide scale. We are seeking creative individuals to join our committed team at our offices in order to continue our success in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Advisor, Business & Commercial Clients (BCC) and Corporate Functions
Job ID: 80410134_80389569
Location: Walter Carrington Crescent, Lagos
Business Segment: Group Functions
Job Type: Full-time
- To effectively manage and mitigate the legal risks faced by the BCC business by providing value-added legal advisory services to the business and implementing adequate controls.
- To support the BCC business in operationalizing and aligning its strategy and contracting process.
- LLB Law Degree
- Minimum of four (4) years post-qualification experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the legal environment and the application thereof in the business processes of the banking industry. An understanding of
- the regulatory environment within the Banking industry. Comprehensive knowledge of legislation and SBSA’s risk and compliance universe. Knowledge of the full spectrum of bank products and services.
- Good understanding and application of Operational Risk, Credit Risk and Legal risk and /or Risk Management and Basel 2
- Understanding branch network and the interface between frontline service, responsive sales, and support functions. Good understanding of banking procedures and systems and Personal and Business Banking operations.
- Good knowledge of transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers.
- Making Decisions
- Resolving Conflicts
- Establishing Rapport
- Upholding Standards
- Producing Outputs
- Legal Advisory and Interpretation
- Dispute Resolution
- Court Processes and Procedures
- Legal Administration
- Legal Compliance and Research.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online