The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Lead Anthropometrist
Ref: STS2020 – 002
Locations: 6 Geo-Political Zones, Nigeria
Recruitment Type: National (Short-term Contract)
Duration: December, 2020 – June, 2021
- Explain clearly the anthropometry procedures and measurements to be taken, the role of the caretaker and what is expected of the caretaker and child(ren).
- Take length/height and weight measurements.
- Complete the required questionnaires and forms as set out in the CAPI, including how to determine the date of birth of the child properly.
- Maintain and calibrate the equipment and report any issues immediately to the field supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Medical Laboratory Science / Technology. An employee of state or federal government with the above qualifications can also apply and must have a current practice license.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience with packing, transporting, and shipping biological samples
- Have experience with surveys and data collection with blood collection (e.g.: HIV survey, etc.).
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.