Laboratory Scientist Lead Job Recruitment at a Non-governmental Organization. We are a Non-governmental Organization working on the improvement of Heath Equity through sustained engagement with core element-approach which includes Research, Program deliver Technical Assistance and Education.
We are providing technical support for the Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey and we require the services of the position below for a short-term engagement towards the process of field implementation:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist Lead
>>Non-governmental Organization Recruitment 2020 / 2021 (6 Positions) | Non-governmental Organization Recruitment
Duration of Engagement: 4-5 months maximum
- The Laboratory Scientist Lead will be expected to coordinate the biological component activities which will include logistics, safety, testing and quality assurance of serological samples of participants in the survey.
- S/he would provide oversight to all laboratorians in the states and monitor adherence to standard laboratory procedures and guidelines as stated in the study protocol.
- S/he would be involved in training, support supervision, mentorship, and team-building exercises for the laboratory staff
Terms of Reference
The Laboratory Scientist Lead under the supervision of the National Team Lead, will carry out the following:
- Oversee the biological component of the study while working with the technical officers and the state survey teams and reports to the National Team Lead.
- Participate the assessment of laboratories selected to be used for the survey.
- Provide leadership in ensuring quality laboratory practices, support routine equipment maintenance, trouble shooting and resolution of challenges across all levels of field laboratory activities.
- Ensure Use of Laboratory Information Management System for specimen tracking, results entry and reporting.
- Demonstrate competence in Quality Management System (QMS), Laboratory Information Management system and Good Laboratory Practice.
- Ensure laboratory specimen data are correctly captured in the study database and assist with routine data analysis;
- Maintain a critical working relationship with selected laboratory gatekeepers and workers at the field to ensure timely collection, storage and processing of collected specimens during the survey.
- Master’s Degree in Laboratory Science is strongly preferred
- Or Bachelor of Science Degree in Laboratory Science from an accredited university with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a Medical Laboratory Clinic or hospital
- Relevant professional Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a Certificate of the Associate of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (AMLSCN) and be a registered member of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) with a current practicing license.
- Experience in biomarker laboratory processes with experience of past surveys and interventions will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Submit a one-page Application Letter along with your CV and references online
- We are an equal opportunity organization that is committed to promoting, gender equality
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.