Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (Julius Berger) is a leading construction company offering integrated solutions and related services. Julius Berger specializes in executing complex works that require the highest level of technical expertise and Nigeria-specific know how.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Our success largely depends on the passion, precision and competence of our employees from. Become part of our team and help us in the realization of innovative and pioneering engineering projects. Experienced professionals and young professionals, we offer opportunities in technical and commercial fields. Take the chance and apply online with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager for Road Construction Laboratory (M / F / D)
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for you full-time as a Laboratory manager for road construction laboratory (m / f / d) for the major project “Abuja-Kano-Road” in Nigeria.
- Between the capital Abuja and the northern metropolis Kano, an approximately 380-kilometer, 4-lane motorway is being rehabilitated and rebuilt over large stretches. The project also includes almost 700 drainage structures and around 50 bridge structures that need to be upgraded and integrated into the overall concept. With the bitumen cold mixing process, our experts bring a real innovation to Nigerian road construction, because the sustainable construction method conserves resources and significantly reduces emissions.
What are Your Tasks?
- Head of the project laboratory
- Quality control, preparation of initial tests and advice on building materials for construction management
- Organization and monitoring of asphalt and concrete mixing plants as well as quarries and “borrow pits”
- Team leadership of international and Nigerian colleagues
- Responsibility for laboratory equipment, maintenance and calibration of devices (quality assurance according to ISO 9001: 2015)
- Selection and testing of external building material suppliers
- Optimization of building materials
- Monitoring of the construction site during asphalt, earthworks and concrete work as well as bitumen stabilization.
What are You Bringing with You?
- Completed studies in civil engineering (Bachelor, Master, Diplom, Ing. FH / TU) or completed training as a technician (m / f / d)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position (ideally international experience) with managerial responsibility
- Technical competence and specialist knowledge (earthworks and road construction, structural engineering) and advanced concrete technology and well-founded asphalt technology knowledge
- Good knowledge of international regulations (EN, DIN, BS, AASHTO, ASTM)
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Independence and flexibility
- Confident appearance.
What Do We Offer You?
- A responsible job awaits you with very good pay with various allowances, social benefits and a low tax burden.
- You get a comprehensive travel package from us as a competent contact person. This also includes the occupational health examinations, your vaccination protection, visa and flight.
- We provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure with, for example, sports and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programs, etc.
- On-site medical care and a comprehensive security concept.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online