Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Key Account Manager (Doroki)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Sales & Distribution
Sector: Financial Institution
Reports To: Regional Manager, Doroki
Career Level: Grade 9
About the Role
- The Key Account Officer will be responsible for bringing onboard high net worth sellers, merchants, and businesses on Doroki and driving activities to deliver on set targets.
- The main goal is to acquire new key Merchants/Sellers/Businesses and manage relationships with existing ones.
- To be successful you will need to be comfortable spending significant time in the field meeting the merchants and working with them to exceed set targets.
- You must be someone with a strong ability to influence and work collaboratively across teams.
- Achieve commercial targets – the Key account officer has the ownership of achieving the overall commercial targets set for the territory of coverage. The targets include but not limited to active merchant, revenue, recruitment, transaction value and volume.
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
- Meeting with merchants virtually or during sales visits to demonstrate and present Doroki product offering.
- Proactively acquire new merchants and deepen existing relationships, by building a healthy pipeline of prospects using approved sales CRM tools.
- Resolving key client issues and complaints.
- Strategic planning to improve client results.
- Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Expand relationships and bringing in new clients.
- Manage merchants’ expectations, adhere to company policies, procedures & controls, and ensure compliance with rules & regulations
- Conduct regular spot check on merchant activities and share feedback with the team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Analyse data using available tools/dashboard.
- Understand, utilize, and support the service architecture created for the support of Key Doroki merchants.
- Give timely updates or gather market intelligence on Doroki service efficiency and effectiveness and channel issues and concerns to the appropriate unit
- Pilot new services initiatives for key Doroki merchants and provide feedback for enhancements.
- Work with support teams to ensure that key merchants get adequate support and proper communication to drive satisfaction and usage.
- Identifies Service enhancements/service improvements, document them and discuss them with the line manager.
- Analyse & monitor key merchant collections and channel trends to be able to make recommendations on business and service enhancements.
- Conduct periodic surveys on merchants for service improvement.
- Use trends to engage proactively, and support key merchant business by introducing new ways to optimize channels.
- Generates and reports daily/ weekly key merchant Performance to the line manager.
- Work with the marketing team and line manager, to ensure proper branding support is delivered to key merchants on time.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in sales.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis.
- Proficient in the use of sales CRM tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Strong leadership.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Takes initiative and ownership.
- Company and Customer expertise.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Value based selling.
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Good judgement and decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Problem solving skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.