African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expressions of Interest: Energy Efficiency Programs/ Projects – PERN
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Junior Consultant
Job Family: Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
Department issuing the request: Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department (PERN)6.Place of assignment:Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Duration of the assignment: Six (6)months
Tentative Date of commencement: 10th April, 2023
- The AfDB hereby invites qualified Junior Consultants to indicate their interest in providing support to the Department’s ongoing/new energy efficiency programs and projects – in particular programs such as the Africa Super ESCO Acceleration Program and the Energy Efficiency Market Development Program, which are financed by the Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA).
Brief Description of the Assignment
- The Department of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (PERN) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) has the broad objective of promoting the development of renewable energy and promoting energy efficiency along with clean cooking.
- The AfDB hereby invites qualifiedJunior Consultants to indicate their interest in providing support to the Department’s ongoing/new energy efficiency programs and projects–in particular, programs such as the Africa Super ESCO Acceleration Program and the Energy Efficiency Market Development Program, which are financed by the Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa(SEFA).
- The services expected to be provided in the context of the Assignment include but are not limited to:
- Assist task/ program managers with general project management activities as requested
- Assist task/program managers with the identification and follow-up of EE pipeline opportunities, delivery of and investment projects, as well as basic market assessments activities
- Support the drafting of sector briefing notes, management, and communication briefs.
- Any other activities as per the Division’s needs.
- Interested Junior Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this Assignment (A cover letter and CV clearly indicating a reference to similar services and experience in similar assignments -The model of the CV is attached).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a shortlist, and the selection procedure shall conform to the Bank’s Rules and Procedure for the Use of Consultants under projects financed by the Bank Group.
Main Activities and Deliverables
The Assignment will include, but not be limited to:
- Programme / Project support: support the development and monitoring of PERN2 work program and budget, as well as the design and implementation of PERN’s flagship programs and projects.
- Assist the Africa Super ESCO Acceleration Program (ASAP) program manager for general management activities as requested and notably assure the interface with the SEFA Technical Unit for follow-up, reporting updates, etc.
- Assist with pipeline and ongoing activities for the Energy Efficiency Market Development Program and assure the interface with the SEFA Technical Unit for follow up, reporting updates, etc.
- Support basic market assessment activities.
- Outreach materials: support the drafting of sector notes, management briefs, press releases, presentations for internal and external purposes, and related talking points summarizing key messages for PERN2.
- Support in running the upcoming Energy Efficiency portal(which will be part of the Africa Energy Portal)
- Other activities related to EE project identification, design, implementation, and performance follow-up.
Introduction / Background
- The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department (PERN) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) has the broad objective of promoting the development of renewable energy and energy efficiency along with clean cooking. The Department implements its mandate by working with both public sector and private sector entities.
Objectives of the Assignment
- The Junior Consultant will be responsible for supporting the department with ongoing/new energy efficiency programs and projects in particularly programs such as the Africa Super ESCO Acceleration Program and the Energy Efficiency Market Development Program, which are financed by the Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA).
Administration / Reporting:
- The Junior Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the Division Manager and the relevant Task/Program Manager(s).
Duration and place of the assignment:
- Six (6) months based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, starting from 10thApril 2023.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A postgraduate Degree in Energy, Finance, Public Policy or a related field. Relevant Experience and Skills:
- 2-4 years of relevant or related professional experience.
- Experience in assisting in developing RE&EE related projects and programs.
- Experience of working with donor institutions and multilateral development institutions in a similar mandate is preferred.
- Experience in African countries/regions is preferred.
- Less than 32 years age at the time of application submission.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Excellent ability to work effectively in both French and English
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expressions of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Click here for more information
Click here for the Job Description (PDF)
The following criteria with the corresponding weights shall be considered in the selection of the candidates.
- General qualifications and adequacy for the proposed Assignment 30
- Similar experience in the area of expertise of the Assignment as described in the Terms of Reference 50
- Experience with the Bank or other international organizations 10
- Language proficiency 10
- Any questions and requests for clarifications may be sent to:Att: Mr. Jalel Chabchoub with E-mail: email@example.com or Mr. Luc Tossou with E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org