The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Journalist
Job Reference: BBC / TP / 2269572 / 57825
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract type: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Job Category: Journalism
Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
- Africa’s media landscape is changing. It is one of the fastest developing news markets in the world with mobile technology transforming lives, internet connectivity increasing, the radio market remaining relatively strong and Television migrating from analogue to digital.
- The BBC World Service remains the leading international broadcaster in Africa, reaching a weekly audience of more than 100 million across all platforms and Social Media. Globally, the BBC reaches a weekly audience of 320 million across various platforms.
- We are looking for an excellent Journalist with the relevant technical and language skills to join the new Yoruba service.
- As a BBC Journalist you will work creatively across all digital platforms – audio, video and text – to ensure that the Yoruba Service output develops and grows a distinctive character and status in its target area.
- On a daily basis, you will engage actively with the audience ensuring consistency of output.
- You’ll use editorial judgement, creativity and flair to make original and compelling multimedia content
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrable background in a journalistic role, with first class knowledge of news that appeals to a Nigerian audience.
- You will be fluent in Yoruba and English, written and spoken.
- You will have a in-depth knowledge of news and stories related to the West Africa region, with a full understanding of Nigerian history, politics, social and cultural issues.
- The ability to operate technical equipment to meet the artistic, technical and safety requirements for delivering audio, video and text publishing is essential.
- This includes operating studios, computer equipment, recording and editing systems.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online