Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Test Analyst
Job ID: 51550
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
- Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production.
- A software tester is involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment.
- He/she conducts automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose.
- Software testing involves the analysis of software, and systems, to avert risk and prevent software issues.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Identifying business requirements:
- Meeting with system users to understand the scope of projects
- Working with software developers and project support teams
- Reviewing documentation.
Implement test approach / plan for projects:
- Implement Test Requirements Analysis
- Implement Test Case Development / Updating
- Implement Test Data preparation
- Implement acceptance criteria and schedule for test cycles (CIT, SIT, UAT).
Challenge the perception of testing:
- Stay abreast of new technologies
- Stay abreast of new test methods and tools
- Ensure efficient use of HP Quality Centre
Working towards departmental and project deadlines:
- Presenting findings to software development and business user teams
- Submit inputs for Weekly Status Reports for IT Exco sessions
- Participate in Weekly Test team Review Meetings
Influence overall technology, driving product quality, and promoting practices to improve productivity and enable quality:
- Problem solving
- Designing tests to mitigate risk
- Implement testing team quality standards and quality assurance processes.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Computer Sciences or IT related courses
- Preferably certified in ISTQB Foundation and advanced level, Prince 2, PMI, PMBOK or other project management qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in IT Quality Assurance and Software Testing
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- Functional Analysis and UAT
- IT Business Analysis
- Awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Quality Assurance
- Requirements validation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online