MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT System Engineer
Location: Fabac, Lagos
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
- Responsible for design, installation, setup, and administration of current and future Infrastructure deployments such as Virtualization Solutions, Storage Systems and Cloud IaaS Solutions in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Work with team members including infrastructure engineers, database administrators, software development engineers and business liaisons to obtain data and storage requirements and deliver solutions to meet business needs.
- Capacity planning and implementation of SAN Storage infrastructure.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support analysis.
- Manage and support the Enterprise Backup Solution, and Tape Library system in a SAN environment and develop refined backup procedures and policies.
- Manage, Maintain and Support VMware Virtualization and Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Work with infrastructure owners to test and verify data archives
- Schedule backup jobs based on documented procedures and schedules.
- Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
- Create scripts to automate system administration duties, database maintenance procedures and implement best practices, guidelines and policies.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Electronics Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Enterprise Virtualization Solutions, VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, Storage and Backup Solutions.
- Certifications in VMware, EMC and other Virtualization/Storage/Backup Technology Required.
- Certification in Virtualization, Hardware & Operating Systems Maintenance, MS SQL, VMC on AWS and Microsoft Azure will be an advantage.
Demands of the Job:
- Process-driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Technical & Professional proficiency.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- Very good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Information systems
- Unix/Linux, Windows AD, ERPs, LANS/WANS
- Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Software development languages
- Enterprise backup Solutions
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online