Jumia is one of the biggest online company in Africa, employing over 3,000 workers in over 20 different countries. Its massively successful brands include Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs, and CdC and run by highly accomplished leaders who offer a great combination of local and international talent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Support Associate
Job Type: Full Time
- To ensure that the systems and business processes incorporate industry standards and best practices, and to provide business process and technology support to users.
- Prioritize and respond to I.T incidences via the I.T help Desk.
- Monitor and maintain computer networks.
- Deploying and Configurations of Firewalls, Routers and Switches.
- CCTV Installations, troubleshooting and Repairs.
- Online/Offline/Remote I.T support to staff or clients
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Documentation and verification of I.T assets.
- Testing, evaluating and actively supporting the roll-out of new applications or technologies.
- Set up user’s accounts or profiles and deal with password issues.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Providing reports and documentation as required.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Shift and on-call work may be required
- Training of Junior Staff as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum Education level of B.Sc or B.Eng Degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience.
- Technical & IT Management certifications (CCNA or its equivalent)
- Strong understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining asset management procedure and solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Unified threat management (UTM), Surveillance system and call application
- Technical support experience in standard network and server protocols (TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP), VLANs and Firewalls.
- Strong Understanding of Incident management through help-desk application
- Strong understanding of cabling standards to facilitate circuit or network extensions as needed
- Knowledge of open-source software and solutions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- People and problem management skills
- Ability to work independently – accountable for your actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Talent.email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.