At Hazon Holdings, our strength lies in our ability to study trends and forecasts and birth solutions that address key interest areas of our clients. This is evident in the make-up of companies under our purview.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Software Support Officer
Department: Information Technology
Summary of Functions
- Manage and improve applications and systems software in line with IT industry best practices to ensure high levels of availability, security and compliance
- Responsible for the maintenance of a continual software service improvement program.
- Provide effective software support and training to end users and automate business processes to make them more efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and correcting software defects and errors in a timely manner, in line with specified service levels.
- Accessing software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and other resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Maintaining a software support knowledgebase.
Strategy & Planning:
- Participating in and supporting capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated training plans for software development, performance testing, support and management.
- Managing software licensing and liaising with vendors to resolve issues
- Establishing service level agreements with end users.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and improving custom applications and websites.
- Installing, configuring and managing software applications as required on workstations, servers and other devices.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on application performance, including downtime, and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Documenting and tracking software-related service level agreements
- Recommending, scheduling, and performing software improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases in line with IT industry best practices.
- Creating required reports in response to business user needs.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement software-related end user training programs to increase user proficiency and self-sufficiency.
- Analyzing and automating business processes with the use of software to make them more efficient.
- Monitoring and reporting on the efficiency and utilization levels of automated business processes, and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of Business intelligence systems
- Monitoring and managing virtualized server environments
- Monitoring and managing databases
- Participating in Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Qualification & Certification
- University Degree in the field of Computer Science and/or 3+ years equivalent relevant work experience.
- Related IT Certifications (e.g. MSCE, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, ITIL. etc.).
- Website Design & Web Application Development skills required.
- Experience with Business & Cloud Applications such as Trello
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.