Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an IT Officer for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States.
- The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for systems administration and web administration, implementing IT systems in accordance to design specifications and requirements as set by the project.
- Research, recommend and arrange for internet service providers (ISPs) and/or other IT firm to install network cabling infrastructure for each office’s local area network.
- Recommend and assist in contracting with a local firm for ongoing monthly network maintenance and troubleshooting, as needed.
- Install a local firewall and configure for VPN (if VPN is to be part of firewall build).
- Install a wireless access point(s) onto the network.
- Install main office server(s), create a domain, and designate functions and nomenclature for server and clients.
- Establish server functions such as File and Print sharing, DHCP/DNS, install and configure VPN features, all supporting software, tape backup solution, and anti-virus protection for local area network.
- Create domain security policy including admin accounts and documentation of all settings
- Deploy client workstations and join them to the domain – 1) Install antivirus software onto all project-owned computers; 2) Create all user accounts, as well as service admin accounts. Create profiles for each necessary user account on a per-computer basis.
- Develop a standard folder structure (for file shares) adapted from the HO central filing structure.
- Install and test the standard folder structure, ensuring access for all project employees on domain computers. Access and document editing rights may have different levels of security/authorization, as deemed necessary by COP / Operations Director.
- Configure a network to accommodate ABACUS software and identify the local computers to act as a local ABACUS server.
- Ensure that all systems are compliant with Chemonics systems.
- Provide an overview of best practices to select staff in a basic network environment for simple maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Training users in VPN access, security procedures, anti-virus principles.
- Provide training to staff on the use of file servers in day-to-day operations.
- Provide onsite training focused on best networking practices and Chemonics standards.
- Work with project technical staff to respond to questions and provide technical input regarding planned and ongoing programmatic activities with IT components
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor consistent with the scope of the position.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Microsoft certifications strongly preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in maintaining project office computer hardware, networks, and software, ensuring that all hardware and software components are functioning
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in MS Office software, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good networking troubleshooting experience
- Experience troubleshooting computers and accessories and recommend solutions.
- Understanding of USAID procurement procedures/ guidelines and experience working with USAID or other international donors preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- The IT Officer will report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the IT Officer will be expected to closely coordinate his work with other project staff, stakeholders/partners, as per direction from the Director of Finance and Operations.
Location of Assignment:
- The location of the assignment is Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent travel throughout the country.
- This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online