The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interpreter (English- French)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restore CAF’s reputation and elevate the organization to the highest international standards. CAF is looking to recruit an Interpreter.
- Acknowledge receipt of interpreting requests and take charge of the assigned requests/projects.
- Build teams of interpreters for meetings, events, and tournaments for CAF (Online and onsite meetings, abroad and at and outside CAF headquarters).
- Manage interpreting assignments for events and competitions everywhere in the world on site or online, follow-up before and after the meetings.
- Liaise and coordinate with CAF departments and interpreters.
- Draft interpreting budgets.
- Prepare and share preparatory documents required for interpretation.
- Act as contact person for any interpreting-related requests, queries, reports, or issues.
- Master’s Degree in Translation and Interpretation, or equivalent (English to French).
- Certificate of accredited interpreting training.
- Practical experience as a project manager.
- Fluency in CAF’s official languages: English, French (written and spoken), Arabic is a plus.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Ability to adapt quickly to a new field of expertise.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Thinks holistically, recognizes connections.
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
- Open to travel.
- Service-oriented, takes a practical and pragmatic approach, solution-oriented.
- Strives to meet the requirements/requests of clients within agreed deadlines.
- Shows initiative, very proactive.
- Conscientious, responsible, reliable, and flexible.
- Addresses conflicts: regards conflicts as a chance to find new solutions.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt). Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and referencesin English or French to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.