International Labour Organization Recruitment 2020 / 2021 Portal https://jobs.ilo.org/job/ Opens for National Project Officer – Cash Transfer | ILO Recruitment. Apply for International Labour Organization (ILO) Job Recruitment via the ILO Career Portal https://jobs.ilo.org/job/ today. The International Labour Organization (ILO) is the United Nations agency for the world of work. We bring together governments, employers and workers to drive a human-centred approach to the future of work through employment creation, rights at work, social protection and social dialogue.
International Labour Organization Recruitment 2020 / 2021 Vacant Position:
Job Title: National Project Officer – Cash Transfer
Job ID: 4017
Organization Unit: CO-Abuja
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 1 year
The COVID-19 crisis has emphasized the need for universal social protection by laying bare the wide range of vulnerabilities across the Nigerian society in terms of health and income. The Nigerian government has recognized that addressing vulnerabilities in times of crisis, requires a system that can cover all Nigerian residents if needed, and rely on speedy targeting options, identification and delivery procedures to be extended rapidly.
In it in this context that the ILO in Nigeria will soon commence the implementation of a technical assistance project on Social Protection in collaboration with the National Social Safety Nets Coordination Office (NASSCO) under the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
The project has a two-fold objective:
- To support the implementation of the Rapid Response Register (RRR) under which 1 million HH will receive support through an earmarked government fund to address vulnerabilities as a direct result of the COVID-19 crisis; and
- To help upscale and strengthen the National Social Registry as a shock-responsive system covering all vulnerable households in Nigeria.
The project will be implemented under the ILO Office in Abuja which covers Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and is the Liaison office for ECOWAS. The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a UN agency with the mission to improve the access of women and men to obtain decent and productive work, in conditions of freedom, equity, security and dignity. Its main tasks are to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue in the search for solutions to the problems of the working world.
Description of Duties
- The project officer will work closely with implementing partner NASSCO and an ILO expert to ensure the objectives of the project are met, with the overall support of the ILO office in Abuja
- The ideal candidate has strong technical work experience in the design and implementation of cash transfer systems in Nigerian context as well as overall project management experience within an international setting.
Cash Transfer System Design, Management and Capacity building:
- Work with NASSCO, ILO expert and other development partners to ensure the National Social Registry is adjusted to include sub-sets of data for rapid response (including humanitarian) and linked to the social health insurance schemes.
- Support the establishment of improved coordination structures (Technical Working Groups) and ownership of the National Social Registry among stakeholders
- Support design and development of targeting and registration protocols under the National Social Registry including crisis response measures to capture vulnerabilities caused by the COVID-19 measures.
- Support the creation of a framework that guides rapid development of a beneficiary register as a first response in times of crisis, including emergency protocols, roles and responsibilities across all relevant actors via agreements including standby agreements, MOUs, Standard Operating Procedures, manuals of operations, etc.
- Support staff development of NASSCO and implementing partner agencies to strengthen knowledge and capacity in use and implementation of new NSR modalities.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the project through the technical, efficient and timely execution of tasks in accordance with the policies, values and procedures of the ILO, the strategies of the project and the schedule of activities.
- Initiate, sustain and guide cooperation with key partners, in close collaboration with relevant ILO technical specialists to ensure the performance and results of the project and ensuring that gender and social dialogue are mainstreamed in planning and project implementation to achieve the desired results.
- Ensure aligned of project activities with international principles and standards on social protection, most notable the principles of universality and non-discrimination, of social dialogue, the principle of good governance and the principle of solidarity in financing.
- Ensure a flow of regular and complete information on the status of the activities planned and implemented between the Project team and partners, as scheduled and upon request.
- Manage the organization of workshops, training sessions and meetings in collaboration with the technical support of experts and represent the project in various meetings.
- Disseminate project information through publications and press releases and ensure good communication with all partners. Ensuring project visibility, representation during meetings related to the project with the United Nations agencies and donors, regional and national forums.
- Brief ILO specialists, project experts, associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on project matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Director of the Office as part of the implementation of the project.
- Ensuring project visibility, representation during meetings related to the project with the United Nations agencies and donors, regional and national forums.
- First Level University Degree in Economics, Actuarial Science, Data Management, Public Administration, Social Science or other related field.
- Two or three years experience at the national & the international level in the technical field of cash transfer systems
- Experience in design and management of social assistance programmes an asset
- Technical experience in at least two of the following four fields would be an advantage: Social Protection, Management Information Systems (MIS), Disaster Management, and Humanitarian Affairs.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other local languages, is desirable.
In addition to the ILO core competencies, this position requires:
- Good knowledge of project formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects;
- Proven ability to manage teams including personnel management and remote capacity project management proved (project planning and management of financial and monitoring procedures) to the achievement of objectives and results.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and negotiate with government officials, representative(s) of civil society, representatives of workers ‘and employers’ organizations and academics.
- Proven ability to draft well project documents and other relevant reports
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to justify requirements and approaches to problem resolution
- Excellent ability to time management and good organizational skills, including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates.
Application Closing Date
Midnight, 12th August, 2020.
How to Apply for International Labour Organization ILO Recruitment 2020 / 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Follow This Link to Apply >> https://jobs.ilo.org/job/Abuja-National-Project-Officer-Cash-transfer/611903801
- The recruitment process for National Officer positions is subject to specific local recruitment and eligibility criteria.
- Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization
- A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
- Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
- The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded
- In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Note: This position is subject to availability of funding.